1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Acolyte Class: Priest

Discussion in 'Acolyte' started by Asectic, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Asectic

Asectic Journeying Minister

In Game Name:
    Wystal
    Level:
    Guild:
    Kiyore
    Hi~ this is Asectic and I am here with the list of the skills for the other Acolyte class. I have heard from people a small rumor that if one was to max out all the skills from one class, you could use skills for both classes so I wanted to try that out. The maxing will probably take a while though.

Enough of that. This post is also, like the other one, here for the purpose of helping to let people choose on what class they want to be later on. As you probably might have heard, the Priest class is specialized in those of healing. I don't have any particular thoughts of the class as of yet, but here we go. If there are any Priests out here that would like to add their opinions later on, feel free to do so. :3

The Priest skill also consists of 4 skills, much similar in sets to Linker.

----------------

All skills: Blunt Weapon, Rod, Knuckle

Clergy Cup (Passive)
    "Learn the knowledge for Priest and raise basic status"

Selfee Holy (Active)
    Requirment: None
    "Creates a light bullet forward with the heal wish. Continuously recovers one touched."

Sun Light (Active)
    Requirement: None
    "Creates a shining light up the head. Raises own and surrounding allies DEX and critical rate"

Clear Lance (Active)
    Requirement: Self Holy Level 3, Sun Light Level 5
    "Holy element magic that creates a holy spear forward. Gives punishment to enemies and heals to allies when touched."
    --------------------

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. SnowySakura

SnowySakura MarshM'Leaux ~~ Captain Bubbles

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    MLeaux
    Guild:
    The Hands
    Is the Selfee Holy the healing bubbles? It sounds like it.

I'm considering going into the priest advanced class. From others I've met in game I think it is more fitting for my style of playing and the parties I'm usually in. Thank you for posting this! It has helped a little. your other post on the linker advance class has actually helped me decide to go into the priest advanced class. Now to store up all those crystals.

3. Asectic

In Game Name:
    Wystal
    Level:
    Guild:
    Kiyore
    Yes, it is. Or as I heard people call it, a ball xD
    I was going to post how the graphics of the skills looks like, but considering there are more Pr's out there then there are Ln I passed. Lol.
    But no problem! Good luck with the crystal gathering, they're always such a hassle to gather >.>

4. SnowySakura

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    MLeaux
    Guild:
    The Hands
    Thank you! I accidentally sold 2 in the stall when I meant to sell one. Someone got a STEAL of a deal this morning. 40k for 2 sharpies. >.< Oh well. It's just a game, right!

5. Julie Ava

Julie Ava Active Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Ava
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murking
    Hi Asectic, I ended up switching back Priest :p
    Once I maxed out the skills, I'm going to pick either Life Engage or Barrier from Linker class.
    By the way, how much dmg can barrier roughly absorb?

I tested out my Selfee Holy from LV7 to LV8 yesteday, it only increases about 50 healing points...so dissapointmented
    I have the branch that enhance both lasting time and healing effect...but maybe because I'm not full INT build :dead:

6. Asectic

In Game Name:
    Wystal
    Level:
    Guild:
    Kiyore
    Okay, cool :3
    I think I'm going to choose between Selfee Holy or Sun Light myself, when I max out all my Linker skills. The Clear Lance I felt doesn't do too much damage and since its also ranged it doesn't suit my style more. Lol

Depending on the size of mob, Barrier can do considerably well. Or very well in my opinion xD
    For both cases where I was by myself in those annoying fl10 mobs, and after not seeing a party mate for a little bit the damage done was around so that you'd only have 1/4 to 1.5/4 of health left. You know around where I mean with this right? When barrier used about 2.5 - 3.0 / 4 health is left.
    Man, I wish I had a diagram. They make everything more clearer ouO Either way it saves me time in heal so I could move around to other people more :)

7. Julie Ava

Julie Ava Active Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Ava
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murking
    I think you confused the heck of my little Asian brain, Asectic :dead: But it's OK, I think I'm going to go with the Life Engage which fits into my style lol.

After being a Priest for a while, here's my take on the Priest's skills.

Clergy Cup - There's not much to talk about this skill. For Priest class, it adds 1 pt to Men>Vit>Int in this order. I don't think Lvl 1 gives any bonus points. The bonus points start to kick in at lvl 2. So once maxed, it will add 3 pts to each.

Selfee Holy - This is the giant healing ball. I believe the 3 branches are <Longer Lasting Time>,<Increased Healing>,<Enhanced lasting time and healing at higher cost of SP>. I picked the <Enhanced Lasting Time and Healing> since SP consumption is not a big concern for AC. This skill fits my style quite perfectly. I typically will cast the spell and jump into the front line giving my close range class friends Link Heal support.

Sun Light - This one increases Dex. The 3 branches are <Increase the amount of Dex per lvl>, <Increase Crit Rate>, <Increase Effect Time>. I went with the Dex one...mainly because Repose Mind is somewhat Dex related.

Clear Lance - The 3 branches are <Increased Healing>, <Increased Dmg>, <Increased Healing and Dmg at the cost of SP>. Once again, I picked <High Heal High Dmg> one lol

Asectic, personally I don't see whole lot benefit for Sun Light since you have to constantly buff teammates and some of them might have a low Dex to start with anyway. The effect is not obvious.

I do find a good use for Selfee Holy and Clear Lance. Not much to say about Selfee Holy since it's pretty much self explanatory. For Clear Lance, it is a combination of Heal Light and Shine Laser pretty much with slight lower heal and dmg. But one thing I noticed is that it does have a wider range. It takes some skills to land a heal light sometime (like shooting pistol). But for Clear Lance, it's like Shotgun :p

I'm going to re-status to a tank build tonight. I'll post the effect of INT as I gradually add the pt back in (like heal power at INT 20, at INT 30....etc) I think that will help lots of us to use our status pt. Stay tuned!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Asectic

In Game Name:
    Wystal
    Level:
    Guild:
    Kiyore
    Damm~ The only time I try to use math and numbers and this is what happens Lol.

Oh really? I see. I haven't used Sunlight much but the times I did I felt that Dex did go up for a short while. But I don't trust one-time things myself either haha. I guess I'll go with Selfee then. The only problem with Linker is that its hard on floors like 18 where people's health go down like super fast, with only the two heals going for you. And after some thinking, I think this skill well help me too in my style :)

Awesome job with the skill and branches, appreciate it. I haven't leveled up that far in Pr skills yet so it helps :D

9. Chanaya

Chanaya Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Chanaya
    Level:
    Guild:
    DaebokĀ®
    Hey thank you so much for this :) I really want to be a priest for my advance class , and this helps me alot , now what I need to worry about is getting the crystals , lol XD

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. QueenXeria

QueenXeria New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    QueenXe
    Level:
    Guild:
    Phmadness
    Hey asectic...I havent bump with u lately...I switched from linker to priest...I think i fell in love with priest...now im lvl 62 and all priest skill lvl62...I chose branch tht consumed more sp for max heal amount...for sunlight I chosed inc crit hit n it really really really marvellous!!! It crits alot n mobs die super fast...I chose crit hit bcause I think most player hv a good dex amount..thy need only crits to do fast kill..sunlight will increase dex by 5 which is enough I think...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Julie Ava

Julie Ava Active Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Ava
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murking
    Side note...I restatused yesterday:p

Before restatus, my INT is 72 total. Using a rods for lvl50 (rod is lvl 30), my lvl8 link heal does about 1,200 heal.

After using restatus, before adding in any INT, my link heal does about 850.

So it dropped by 350.

If I add back all the status to VIT, I'll have around 5,500 HP at lvl 57. Wahahahahaha!!!!!

HA~~HA~~I might just go with all VIT and be a one of kind Priest :woot: jk

Oh~~and with the help of my guildmate Hazeyy (who is a Wizard), we tested out the effect of AC's Anti-Magic skill.

With no barries (Anti-Magic spell), his dark magic does about 900 dmg, elemental magic varies from 600 to 800.

I have Anti-Magic upgraded to lvl 3 now (just for testing purpose...what a BIG sacrifice..there goes my jexp :arghh:)

With the spell one me, on average it reduces the dmg by 15%.

I think this skill maxed out at lvl 5 (not sure).

So my guess will be once maxed, it probably reduces dmg around 20% to 25% range which is not bad at all LOL

And the effect time is quite long...just by looking at th re-charge time.

The re-charge time is similar to RO's Hide. So I'm guessing the effect for Anti-Magic is similar to RO's Hide.

Since buff skills are not related to MATK or INT, if anyone out there want to focus on buffs, they can put more into other status than INT.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Asectic

In Game Name:
    Wystal
    Level:
    Guild:
    Kiyore
    I must be clueless if I didn't know that buffs were not based on Int and magic attack levels :p But then what stat would be generally good for buffs? For the Life engage buff I noticed the health of myself and others went up increasingly better after I restated to around 90 Int a few weeks ago. (still not like a real heal skill but noticeably it was). I never noticed any real effects of Anti-magic until now, so it does help with reducing damage as well huh? It's too bad it only works for the self Lol.

Queen~! Yeah it has been a while since fl17 last time. ouo. It's good to see you're into the Pr :)

13. SnowySakura

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    MLeaux
    Guild:
    The Hands
    I have a question! :) Before restatus were you pure INT? Or did you have stats elsewhere? I'm interested in how what affects what.
    Mostly because I want to play with those status fragments the dungeons spit out.

14. Julie Ava

Julie Ava Active Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Ava
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murking
    I have never been a pure INT.....I have stats in DEX
    After the restatus, I have most in INT and rest in VIT.
    Status fragments only last 3 hours......

• Like Like x 2
  15. Corelle

Corelle Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Corelle
    what do you guys mean by "RESTATUS" ?

16. Asectic

In Game Name:
    Wystal
    Level:
    Guild:
    Kiyore
    It just means that there's a scroll items which you pay to buy which allows you to reset your stats after lvl 20

• Like Like x 1
  17. Corelle

Corelle Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Corelle
    ohh so status reset.. <- So dumbbbb :dead:

18. Kiera~

Kiera~ New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Rhonchi
    Level:
    That's also my stat for my alt account which is an Ac of course hihihi, INT and DEX. At lvl 46 my healing is just 700-800hp and a crit heal of 1000+ from what I remembered lol. I really wanna do restatus but the thing is.... Drill book is so expensive :dead:

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  19. Corelle

Corelle Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Corelle

So does it mean that every 5 int you put 1 dex? or may you can give me a ratio Kiera~ ;)

20. Kiera~

Kiera~ New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Rhonchi
    Level:
    Umm its like, 7:3.. plus some guild passive skills to add up on my stats. :)

• Creative Creative x 1