1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Acolyte Class: Linker (2/13/14 Changes)

Discussion in 'Acolyte' started by Asectic, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Asectic

Asectic Journeying Minister

In Game Name:
    Wystal
    Level:
    Guild:
    Kiyore
    Hi, Asectic here and I was asked today that I should list the heals. I had gathered it was meant to list new skill of classes. As one can gather from thread title, I have decided to be a Linker, despite my previous opinions on advanced classes. I hope this post helps somewhat in deciding what class you want to advance to.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Basic Generalizations:

Recently I have been getting some questions about what advanced class to take, to those people who were deciding on focusing on attacking more than healing. So I thought I might add up on some stuff with addition to Monk classes, since some asked. In a generality, no matter what you decide to focus on as an Ac, there is always a common pattern I noticed for this class, and that would be:

Buffs > Receive less damage (for self and team) > Less healing

Even though I personally am not an attacker type, with the buff skills used I often find myself having to heal less. So often in most cases it makes up for not having an additional heal.

1. Pure Int builds/ Healer Types:

If you're a supporter type, I would advise you to be careful if decide to choose this class. Buffs are quite tricky, and their effects are based on how you'd use them. If you feel that you are pretty confident enough in your basic healing skills, then by all means!

2. Str Dominant builds/ Attacker Types:

This is for those who decide they want to attack to or just want to hit stuff. Now at this point you're probably wondering, "how can the other two classes possibly relate to Monk?". If you read on, you'll get a general idea that some of skills require the healer to be close to other members of a party. The skills are static, and moves around where you go so you wouldn't have to worry about chasing your own heals from time to time. And as mentioned above, you would find yourself getting hit less, so I would say that the skills also help with the Monk's weak heals more.

----------------------------------

Well, to those who already got a headache after reading this, I apologize. XD To those who were wondering or will probably one day (as first advanced, or JM), I hope this add-on helped.

Without further ado.
    The Linker Class consists of a total of four skills, like any other advanced class. (taken directly from game skill list)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

All Skills: Blunt Weapon, Rod, Knuckle

Preacher Will (Passive):
    "Learn the knowledge for Linker and raise basic status"

Life Engage (Active):
    Requirement: None
    "Create an area that raises the Max HP and Max SP for ones touched. Loses effect right after going out of arena"

Recaster (Active):
    "Throws a light forward that raises body functions. Can shorten the skill cooling time for a period of time"

Barrier Force (Active):
    "Opens a barrier forward that reduces various attacks. Loses effect right after going out the range"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
    • Like Like x 9
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Asectic

In Game Name:
    Wystal
    Level:
    Guild:
    Kiyore
    These are just some opinions on what I think on the class and skills after using them for a while.

Nov Edit: Please note that these addits are just opinions, a description and use of a skill based on one person's style. After writing this up and working more in game, I found that I am more the close-ranged healer type. Basically, I tend to roll and squeeze into the monsters and people head first as I'm healing, so just a heads up on that. Who knows, you may come to use them more or less than I do so there may not always be same thoughts of how they’re used. On another note, if there are people who managed to use these differently, PLEASE feel free to list them up ^^.

Out of the skills, all are used though I would say Life and Barrier are more commonly used that the others.

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Preacher’s Will :
    Passive skill gives out (without rings equipped and guild points) an extra 3 in Vitality, 4 in Int, and 3 into Mentality. This is for maxed out passive, so might be less until 10 reached.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Life Engage (Buff Skill, "Raising" of Max HP and SP):

GRAPHICS:

On game, Life Engage is a green-light circled buff which surrounds you as the healer. Unlike the common attack, defend, and refresh buffs the skill stays and follows you wherever you go for a brief period of time. Any other players that get within range gets affected as well, so when using this skill I recommend only when there are a mob of people are close to you. Or going around getting close to others is always the option too.

I have been told recently by an old friend that to use this skill whenever you can in party scenarios, but for me I find myself using Life in cases where there is always a bulk of people around me. For even with using heals alone, the advanced skills really pull on my sp, literally draining them.

In Game Speculations:

This skill, as it says in its description, raises it MAX hp and sp. For example, my normal health being around 3700’s raised to the specific 4172 once I used this skill, while my normal sp of 2165 has risen to 2195 with this skill.

Now this last little section is just my thoughts on what I noticed. After having to come to spam this skill on some of the hard floors such as 18 and 19, Life Engage presents with the sense of being relatively similar to a normal heal, in the way where after being endorsed in it for a while the people around it receives fewer chances of a “dramatic health loss”. Acolytes who have been in the business long should know what I’m talking about here, but for those people who are just curious and reading this, dramatic health loss means – “person approaches and attacks a monster, and gets hits too much to the point where they are at their near death in terms of their health bar”.

Life Engage Effect Ending - Benefits:

Duration - Depends on type you would choose, but by getting a question from cennie this buff lasts the same amount of time for both caster and the people around.

Benefit Note: I have noticed that a good seconds before the skill ends the healer's health and sp returns to normal, which seems like it's bad if the effects goes away but I think its good. For I noticed that during the time you get injured while using this skill, at the end only the maxed out hp returns to normal, not how much hp you have.

Short example - Have 3800 / 4172 using skill. Get hit around to 3500 / 4172. Returning that to 3500 / 3700. That is probably why earlier before I felt that this skill sort of felt like it "healed" people, but really it doesn't. Well not technically.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recaster ("Buffed" Heal Light, Faster Cool-down):

GRAPHICS:

This skill is, graphics wise, much similar to Heal Light. Only instead of a heal, the healer would throw a light-simulated buff. This skill is the one which I find myself not using much, for while during party scenarios you would almost never find the chance to cast it onto the teammates. But when it is used, the skill has a AoE effect, so that not only one person can receive the buff but as well as a few other people who were close at the time. In terms of the purpose I find it useful. I mean, its faster skill cool time. I wish a Linker would use that one on me so that I could use Arc Light faster. Heh.

In Game Speculations:

In general, the higher the level of this skill you achieve I would say the faster the results of the cool down you will see for Recaster. For the first time I have tested this skill out with my friend QueenXe, her skill was bit on a low level so at the time I wasn’t able to notice a great difference but nevertheless the skill cool down was quicker than normally have. But in second try, after casting it on a few members of a floor 18 grinding party, the Priest there informed me that her skills have cool downed at a fast pace.

Cool down time (Testing with Level 9, Long Time Type):

[UPDATE]: From what I tested out, this skill roughly gives out 30 % of cool down compared to regular usage. Or based on what the person told me, around a good 3 - 4 seconds.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Barrier Force (Static and Small, Less Impending Damage):

GRAPHICS:

This last skill is probably the handiest skill around ever for a Linker. Or if used correctly, it is useful for teammates of a party as well. When used, the healer sends a small blue barrier down on the ground, and to receive less damage they would stand on or close to the barrier. But unfortunately, the barrier's diameter is only about the size of one-and a half avatars, so in most cases this skill is used for the healer only. In terms of using this, be careful if you intend on using this to help receive less damage onto teammates. Often times it have worked when placing a close distance between them and the monster, for those rogue-warrior-creator classes. As for the ranged-magic using classes, the user would have to be careful on where to place the barrier for, let's face it, we all move around a lot.

In Game Speculations:

For this skill it’s all about how to properly use the skills. And being a person myself, I can only offer tips on how to properly “utilize” them and not as a real matter you should keep to yourself. Here are some of my findings on how I used this skill, and why I think this skill is really useful despite its small diameter.

(1) General Use – For yourself or any long ranged classes (Ma, Ra), place the barrier near or directly on them as they’re attacking the monsters or are held up for a bit. They will most likely move after you place the barrier, but regardless if during that short time they stood on the barrier will help you and them will receive less damage, then I would say it is all worth it.

(2) Close Range – This is for those cases where you have the Ro, Wr, and Cr classes who just head into the monsters as if they have absolutely no fear in the world. And as any player knows these classes get hit with a lot of damage in a matter of seconds. So for this scenario here I would suggest placing the barrier between where they are, and in between the monster they are attacking at. This method is the one I more use, since in most cases the Ra/Ma classes tends to take care of themselves pretty well so I would need to hardly use it on them. And most importantly, I found that this method was the most effective in seeing the skill’s capabilities.

(3) The Wall - This has a pathetic name I know, but just recently I have been able to grind on floor 20 in quite a while and based on the results of what went on though I might add this. Basically this is in cases the monsters deal quite a lot of damage on hard floors, for I'm sure that everyone has at least faced this when grinding at these floors. Be aware though that this last usage would only apply if the other members of your party would be willing to stand near or close to the Barrier as they attack. I found that with placing the Barrier pretty close to the monster range so that people can attack 'em, the damage that the party members received reduced significantly. So while the Linker would support the others in buffs+heals (or another healer for the heals), the others would be able to properly focus on attacking more.

Just another usage for this skill. I found it funny how after first few tries of placing the barrier near monsters and standing on it for myself mostly, how other people (including the Pr there) followed suit. Lol XD

Damage Reduced (Abstractly):

In terms of damage roughly, the amount absorbed will be reduced in "halves". So if I were to compare being attacked without it, a normal person's health would drain to a 1/4. If the barrier was used on or near a person with full health, their damage would stay around 3/4 if hit less, or at worst case the health would be drained to 2/4. Still I would find that better than having to continuously have the person reach the “dramatic health loss” moment, which would continually leave with more healing for Acolytes, and more specifically the Linker and even battle type healer classes of the Monk.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Evilboi33

Evilboi33 New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    LadyLyn
    can anyone post the priest skill?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. Asectic

In Game Name:
    Wystal
    Level:
    Guild:
    Kiyore
    Made a separate thread for the other skill class. Take a look if interested.

5. Asectic

In Game Name:
    Wystal
    Level:
    Guild:
    Kiyore
    I thought that I should post some information on branches. To anyone who noticed or knows me I was too excited in continually advancing skills that I forgot to note what the branches were. Same went for basic Ac skills Lol. Just a small head up that these may not be correct.

I think I still need to check for validity, but now done. Haha

BRANCHES:
    ----------------------------
    Life Engage:
    - Wide Area Type with Wider Effect Range, Long Cool Time
    - Type with more or increased max hp/sp effect
    - Type with longer duration time

Thanks to DaJet for that last branch, who you happened to choose that one xD. From what I heard from him, the last type (being the longer time) last for a really long time. So being a Linker whose purpose is for team support I would recommend this one for the lasting effect.

I chose the wide area type with wider effect range.

Recaster:
    - Long time type with extended effect time
    - Type with wider effect range (More AoE in other words)
    - Balance type with extended time and effect range. Consume in more SP.

I chose the long time type, for in parties you rarely use them and if you do it's mostly for cases of one to two people. And longer the time is the better right?

Barrier:
    - Type with improved range
    - Type with longer effect time
    - Balance with more improved range and effect time

I would recommend to go with Longer Effect time for even though there is the improved "range", the diameter of Barrier stays roughly the same. For if you choose that one I believe you can place up to two static Barriers - where first one wouldn't disappear so easily after second is placed. I chose balance type, with which my first only stays for a few seconds after second one is placed.

There was a video which showed this by Kurasak: Video~

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Julie Ava

Julie Ava Active Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Ava
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murking
    Hi Asectic, I had some weird thoughts about the Life Engage last night, maybe you can enlighten me little lol.

When I was a Linker, every time I used Life Engage, it increases my hp/sp.

For illustration purpose, say if my max hp is 2,000 and is at full, when I used Life Engage, it instantly increased my HP to 2,200.

I noticed if my HP is not at full, say dropped to 1,600, when I used Life Engage, it gives me max hp 2,200 with current HP at 1,800.

It worked almost like an instant healing.

Here comes my weird thoughts.......since this skill can be applied to others.....what if....a teammate walks in the effect zone, get the instant HP bump, then walk out the zone.....will he lose the healing bump?

For example, an injured teammate (max hp 2,000 and current hp 1,600), when he first walked in the zone, his hp shall be like 1,800 with max at 2,200. But what if he walks out right away, will it drop back to 1,600/2,000 or 1,800/2,000?

So what happens if he walks back in the zone again? Will he get another 200 healing to get him to 2,000/2,200?

I hope you get where I'm going with this lol

7. Julie Ava

Julie Ava Active Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Ava
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murking
    Lol, thx so much for the effort Asectic~~~I spotted Mocca yesterday, haven't found you yet :)

8. Asectic

In Game Name:
    Wystal
    Level:
    Guild:
    Kiyore
    Finished new version of skill descriptions.

UDPATE: Now finished with all small tests I wanted to do. If anyone has questions, ask away Lol

LOGS:
    - Sept, Oct: Added some initial addons and notes to Life, Barrier, and Recast
    - Nov: Edited in Life with Julie's question included, more notes on Barrier: close range moments, added braches for active skills
    - Dec: Added pros and cons of the class.
    - Dec 17: Added opinions on Life Engage's slight benefit.
    - Dec 20:
    Added in Passive Skill, yet to see what it increases. Plan to after levelling up to 10 to see any noticable changes to stats. Added "graphics" headers, and two ways of Barrier Use, and changed Speculations
    - Dec 23-24: Added in Passive Stats
    - Dec 25-26: Added in extra (>.>) notes to Life Engage.
    - Dec 28: random thoughts and fixed notes for Life
    - Jan 11: Completed Recaster's effect testing
    - Jan 21: Added new Barrier "The Wall", and fixed pro/cons for last time
    -Feb 13: Changed generalizations, first post, accounting for some other Ac types
    - Mar 23: Deleted some old posts

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  9. cennie

cennie pocky-eating prodigy

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    yiff
    Level:
    Guild:
    OddSquad
    Hey Asectic!

*raises hand* I've got a question on life engage. Does it have the same effect time on the caster as well as the other people being effected? Uh... well, let's just say that when I use life engage on myself during party or pvp the effects only last around seconds or less while the other members of my pt say that theirs last around a minute -_-

However, when I do an offline dungeon, the effects of life engage last around 2-3 minutes x)

The type I chose was longer lasting time :/ does it work the same on the caster? I'm considering changing to priest because I kinda suck with using the linker skills xD especially barrier force. I keep placing it in the wrong places and they move around so much xD no one replied on this thread for a while but I'm super confused on how life engage works :/ Thank you ^_^

10. Asectic

In Game Name:
    Wystal
    Level:
    Guild:
    Kiyore
    Just got back, the annoyance of bus complications ><

I know how you feel there with the skills, it took me a while to even understand how the skills worked at first since the classes just came out then. It takes practice really, or intuition on where you place the skill for Barrier. I just think to place it in places where the rest of mobs are, since those are the areas where your close attacking friends will approach. Or if even easier cases are when one person attacks one monster, just place it between them Lol.

Life Engage effects.. I have noticed that a good seconds before the skill ends the healer's health and sp returns to normal, which seems like it's bad if the effects goes away but I think its good. For I noticed that during the time you get injured while using this skill, at the end only the maxed out hp returns to normal, not how much hp you have.

Short example - Have 3800 / 4172 using skill. Get hit around to 3500 / 4172. Returning that to 3500 / 3700. That is probably why earlier before I felt that this skill sort of felt like it "healed" people, but really it doesn't. Well not technically.

Good question though. I can't say for sure since I have rarely had the chance to stop and sink into counting since I tend to move in and about people a lot XD. But for now I would say same effect. I'll try to search more in game later huhu Lol.

Edit:
    I asked Viola earlier in game, and he said the time duration of skill was 20 seconds. And when I tested it on myself later the time was the same. So same effect and time Lol :p

Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  11. cennie

cennie pocky-eating prodigy

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    yiff
    Level:
    Guild:
    OddSquad
    Haha thank you :)
    it's just that there are so many priest out there and hardly any linkers, hence the reason why I chose this class xD but even if the buffs aren't as effective on the caster (again, as a ranged attacker, I'd rather roll away instead of standing on the barrier :p), I am beginning to get used to this class, and I've got to say that I'm loving it x). Thank you again.

Edit: While helping out a guildie on floor 15, I've realized that two heals weren't enough. What I did was shoot out a heal light or two then tell him to bail so i could heal him and buff him xD. My plan is to max out linker skills then get either selfee heal or clear lance from the priest class to make up for the lack of heals xD

Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Zato

Zato Noob God

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    ZaTo
    Level:
    wow.. nice guide.. im new to aco class.. i think il be maxin out pr and ls both then change to the new advance class with damaging spells based on matk.. not monk.. im just hoping for a new one that suits with matk based skills..

13. Zato

Zato Noob God

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    ZaTo
    Level:
    im just hoping new advance for ac or the next advancement for priest, linker like bishop , shaman
    maybe after 6 months? theres still no resu skill

Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Vogue

Vogue I started out as a baby faced monster.

Do you happen to have the A/B/C branches for any of these skills? :eek:

15. Vogue

Vogue I started out as a baby faced monster.

Yeah, I was curious about the linker's A/B/C sets.

It's ok, though. Good thread, nevertheless. ;)

16. Asectic

In Game Name:
    Wystal
    Level:
    Guild:
    Kiyore
    Another and last post on this class, seeing as I have got all the tests I needed done.
    This blurb was the last part of the second post, but since I exceeded the chara limit Bam~.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to keep 'em coming and I'll try answer best I can :) Thanks to the peeps who helped me with some of the testings hahaha.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To finish some things off, here is a list of some of the good and bad points of this class.

PRO(s):
    - Gives full support of party members and others. If you keep up frequently with support the buffs and heals they are more than enough to keep everyone at full health at all times. One can sort of tell if you're doing well if you can manage to spray on attack and defense mists, and as well as some Recast maybe.
    - Gives amazing support to you, the healer, in cases where you’re solo or facing strong monsters - this would be beneficial as well to those who are in the Monk/attack class as well (Less healing help with yourself)

CON(s):

- Healing is a shortcoming at times. With two heals, it’s no wonder.
    - Continuous usage of skills (aka spam) drain on the SP, though depending on your build on SP regen the same problem may not occur to you.

Overall, I love this class. Honestly at first I chose this because this was the one which most people didn’t take. After getting used to the skills though, I am pretty satisfied with them.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Pavogani

Pavogani New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Kexoti

Sounds to me like the enemy team just burned you down so the effects didn't "seem" to last as long. (Pvp only) this should explain why it lasts 2-3 mins in dungeons btw.

18. WOLFin Around

WOLFin Around Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    WOLF
    Level:
    Can you post screenshots of the skills?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. đΦΦʍ

đΦΦʍ Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    doom
    Level:
    Im curious as to what skills were maxxed out first?
    Life engage>barrier force>re caster?
    First >to last

20. Oceanmk

Oceanmk Jumping around..

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Oceanmk
    Level:
    Guild:
    YONKOU
    Life engage > is the most effective skill, Re caster > can really help player to spam skills, barrier > is good for defence but restrictive to use.

I guess linker is like a bridge to transfer life engage skill upon master to priest or other advance class.

• Like Like x 2