1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Acolyte built-in light elementals

Discussion in 'Acolyte' started by Innosan, May 8, 2014.

1. Innosan

Innosan OutCast

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    Ragtag~
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    As I go on floor 12 with a friend I notice that my shine laser deals more damage on those imps that is dark element. I do around 750 damage on imps while on the other monsters like Clive I deal around 600 damage with shine laser. Same goes for all acolyte and priest attacks. So I'm just wondering if acolyte has a built in light elemental. Can anyone test it out? And I'll test it out myself for better understandings.

• Old Old x 1
  2. Oceanmk

Oceanmk Jumping around..

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Oceanmk
    Level:
    Guild:
    YONKOU
    Maybe just defense different for mobs. Haha. If we have a free light element built in, it will be something like a cheat or bug lol

Though i hope you are correct ^-^

3. aleph

aleph Active Member

There could be at least 2 factors at play here.
    • One is whether your acolyte attacks are light-based, and therefore deal extra damage on dark mobs like the 10F Inpus.
    • The other is the magic resistance of the mobs you're fighting. Some mobs have higher DEF than MDEF so are easier for casters to kill. Others have low DEF and high MDEF so are harder to kill.
    See this thread (http://avabelforums.com/threads/rod-with-dark-el-issue.1937/#post-16000) to read about some tests I did to see whether the element of your weapon overrides the element of your skill/spell. (tl;dr: there is no elemental enhancement of acolyte/priest skills but you do see an element effect when using the standard attack button)

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. vicvict valiore

vicvict valiore New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    valiore
    Level:
    Guild:
    SOUL★IDツ

Some Skill of Acolyte has an elemental effect, the same goes for mage.
    For Acolyte,
    Skills like ‚óèHoly Ray, ‚óèClear Lance, ‚óèShine Laser and ‚óèArc Light have a light elemental effect
    So it does more damage on dark-mobs

5. vicvict valiore

vicvict valiore New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    valiore
    Level:
    Guild:
    SOUL★IDツ

6. JetJet

JetJet Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Scylla
    Level:
    Guild:
    Tsukuyomi
    May I ask what would be the best element to put into my rod? Some people say that it is good to put Light element to further increase the damage of your light element skills. That's my only problem, I have good weapons but I am always uncertain of what element to add both for PvP and PvE. :( . Thank you replies.

7. Leo Striker

Leo Striker Adept Rogue Gold Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    your an Acolyte..............all of your Skills are Light Based as such Element in your Weapon if not Light won't have no Effect if you not using Light Weapon then you Wasted an Element Bowl Light Bowl is only Element they should Use cause it does Increase your Dmg while other Elements Doesn't.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Innosan

Innosan OutCast

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    Ragtag~
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    They are right. Go with light element to further boost your dmg both pvp and pve. The built in element on acolytes skills just covers your rods element. But if you put the same element it boost your dmg.

• Like Like x 1
  9. JetJet

JetJet Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Scylla
    Level:
    Guild:
    Tsukuyomi
    Thanks man! :) . Now I can put elemental bowl in my rod.
    Thank you sir! :)

10. DeltaCr

DeltaCr New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    ☆Accio☆
    Level:
    Btw, i realised that the heal for aco are light element too, and light element skill/weapon deal more damage to dark element to dark armor, so does the heal apply the same theory?
    Will it increase the heal on me if i have a dark element armor, or will the amount of heal even change?

11. Leo Striker

Leo Striker Adept Rogue Gold Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    for your Question I don't know but your Heal Skills Shouldn't cause your Question is based off of your Light Element/Weapon Doing more Dmg on Dark Armor while Light does more Dmg on Any Element in General just Does the Highest on Dark Types, if Have a Light Weapon(s) then your Light Type Skills Will Do More cause of of using a Light Weapon, so your Heal will Increase cause you have Light Element in Weapon, and @aleph Made Several Videos Showing of his Characters(Creators/Acolyte) doing a Dungeon and using Different Weapons with Different Elements in them.

12. Taibasa Tsuyou

Taibasa Tsuyou Otaku Member Staff Member Moderator

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    According to AppBank site, all Acolyte's Skills which either attacks or heals, are Light Element, except for Refresh, Sanctury and Anti-Magic (and the Attack/Guard Mist).

13. ~Rayleigh

~Rayleigh One for the money~ Staff Member Moderator

Class:
    Rogue
    Some games make heals just negtive values of damage to ones self. So if this was the case then having dark armor with light based heals (boosted by that stack effect of having two or or more of the same element helping you attack) then it should mean more healing... like an easy 20% more healing.

• Informative Informative x 1