1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Acolyte 3rd Awaken class - Redeemer

Discussion in 'Acolyte' started by aleph, Dec 25, 2018.

1. aleph

aleph Active Member

Redeemer is the third awakened class for Acolyte. It combines Linker and Exorcist.
    “Class that uses barricade and supports the allies. Protects the allies with shining light.”

Requires:
    • Mastered Linker and Exorcist
    • Level 200
    • Awakening Stone x1
    Skills:
    Holy Nest (active)
    Creates a divine defending curtains to protect allies from enemy attack and weakens the enemy that comes into the curtain.
    Used SP: 250 (lv1)​

Light Guardian (passive, required for all other skills)
    Shining protection from divine prayers. Increases light element attack and resistance.​

Awaken Preacher Will (passive)
    Learn the fundamentals of Linker to raise basic status.​

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Ace144

Ace144 New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Ace
    Level:
    Here's some details:

First things first, (if you already know you can skip this part), skills in this class can only be leveled up after the passive. The unique passive of the class is tied to your character level. Level 1 is 200. 2 is 210. 3 is 220. 4 is 230. 5 is 240. 5 is skill max (as far as I'm aware of).

On to Redeemer:

Level Update: 1/5/2019
    Level Update: 1/8/2019
    Level Update: 1/13/2019- Those cheeky devs. They changed the description of the passive Light Guardian. I only have the numbers for LV4 and LV5. Sorry. Also, Level 5 is the max. You only need to reach level 240 to max out the awake skills.

Preacher's Will
    Linker's Preacher's Will is slightly altered. Unlike its Priest's counterpart, it isn't percent based. Instead, it just seems to be stronger... as in it gives more points.

Level 1:
    JEXP required: 2517000
    Description: Learn the fundamentals of Linker to raise basic status INT 5, MEN 4, VIT 4

Level 2:
    JEXP required: 5034000
    Description: Learn the fundamentals of Linker to raise basic status INT 5, MEN 5, VIT 4

Level 3:
    JEXP required: 10068000
    Description: Learn the fundamentals of Linker to raise basic status INT 5, MEN 5, VIT 5

Level 4:
    JEXP required: 20133000
    Description: Learn the fundamentals of Linker to raise basic status INT 6, MEN 5, VIT 5

Level 5:
    JEXP required: 46134000
    Description: Learn the fundamentals of Linker to raise basic status INT 6, MEN 6, VIT 5

LIGHT GUARDIAN
    Redeemer's unique passive is Light Guardian

Level 1:
    JEXP required: 2517000
    Description: Shining protection from divine prayers. Increases light element attack 112 and 5.0% resistance

Level 2:
    Level required: 210
    JEXP required: 5034000
    Description: Shining protection from divine prayers. Increases light element attack 114 and 5.5% resistance.

Level 3:
    Level required: 220
    JEXP required: 10068000
    Description: Shining protection from divine prayers. Increases light element attack 116 and 6.0% resistance.

Level 4:
    Level required: 230
    JEXP required: 20133000
    Description: Shining protection from divine prayers. Increases light element attack 118 and 6.5% resistance.

EDIT: The description was changed.

New description: Shining protection from divine prayers. Increases light element attack 18% and 6.5% resistance.

Level 5:
    Level required: 240
    JEXP required: 46134000
    Description: Shining protection from divine prayers. Increases light element attack 20% and 7.5% resistance.

I'm not going to really cover the unique skill or awakened skills. I don't really have the ability to decipher them.

MY PRE-THOUGHTS:
    I hope you like raw support... BECAUSE THAT'S ALL YOU ARE. That's right. This is the combination of Linker and Exorcist. Linker has NO ATTACKING SKILLS. Exorcist has ONE. This means most of the time, you'll be supporting instead of anything else. Honestly, the passive is trying to throw us a bone. It increases light attack damage... which is pretty much every skill Acolyte has. (Though the other passive is underwhelming. The numbers are just as written. Leveling it up from 1 to 2 gives 1 point of MEN.)

On to the EX skills, Linker EX is pretty much Recaster that you can get some of the benefits from. It pairs well with the Redeemer's unique awake skill, "Holy Nest." When paired, it creates a DO NOT ENTER zone for enemies. Enemies that attempt to attack within both with deal less damage and have their cool downs increased (which is Linker EX skill's other side effect). Exorcist EX also pairs well with both. Exorcist EX creates a NO HEALING zone. Those inflicted with the status from this skill receive less healing from healing skills. When combined with Linker, it creates a area that severely limits healing. Don't forget that Exorcist skills in general affect enemies magic and INT stats.

Fun fact, Exorcist's EX skill is the only offensive INT-based EX skill Acolytes have.

Another note, Linker EX works on ALL skills that are used within it. Using your Awake skill and Exorcist EX within it is very wise. (For those you saw my comment in the shoutbox , you now see why I was excited to see what Linker got paired with.

All in all, this is the answer to Seraphim. I praised Seraphim for being so good at healing. Redeemer is the antithesis. It even resists all of its attacks thanks to its passive. If Seraphim is good at keeping everyone alive and health, Redeemer is good at keeping enemies from getting healed effectively while boosting their allies to help kill them faster. Seraphim is defensive. Redeemer is offensive.

Personally though, I feel it will still end up being overshadowed by Seraphim. Just like everyone looked at Priest instead of Linker, they will do the same here. Don't worry. I'll make sure it gets plenty of love.

Final note, use a weapon with light with this class. It helps boost your skills alongside your passive.

I'll update this as I gain more levels.

UPDATE:

̶W̶e̶l̶l̶,̶ ̶c̶o̶l̶o̶r̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶p̶r̶i̶s̶e̶d̶.̶ ̶L̶i̶n̶k̶e̶r̶'̶s̶ ̶L̶i̶f̶e̶ ̶E̶n̶g̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶R̶e̶d̶e̶e̶m̶e̶r̶'̶s̶ ̶L̶i̶f̶e̶ ̶E̶n̶g̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶S̶T̶A̶C̶K̶.̶ ̶Y̶o̶u̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶b̶o̶t̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶t̶o̶g̶e̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶c̶r̶e̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶g̶a̶i̶n̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶H̶P̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶n̶ ̶n̶o̶r̶m̶a̶l̶.̶ ̶I̶t̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶s̶i̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶b̶u̶f̶f̶s̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶i̶r̶ ̶a̶w̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶c̶l̶a̶s̶s̶e̶s̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶w̶e̶l̶l̶.̶ ̶T̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶a̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶a̶p̶p̶l̶y̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶d̶e̶b̶u̶f̶f̶s̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶w̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶(̶t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶I̶ ̶c̶u̶r̶r̶e̶n̶t̶l̶y̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶w̶a̶y̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶e̶s̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶t̶)̶.̶

I'm a dumb dumb. It doesn't take. The stronger buff overrides the weaker buff in this case. Until you reach Awake Life Engage Skill Master (Level 5), the RE Life Engage will override the Awake one. There's no reason to use them together.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 2