1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Acolyte 2nd Awaken class - Striker

Discussion in 'Acolyte' started by Ace144, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Ace144

Ace144 New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Ace
    Level:
    Striker is the second awakened class for Acolyte. It combines Leg Sol and Gradia.
    “Class to empower the enemy by using serial attacks with powerful kicks.”

Requires:
    • Mastered Leg Sol and Gradia
    • Level 200
    • Awakening Stone x1
    I liked how @aleph structured the Redeemer post, so I took from that.

Level Update: 1/5/2019
    Level Update: 1/8/2019
    Level Update: 1/13/2019 - Level 5 is the max level. Getting to level 240 will allow you to max your awake skills.

First the changes:

Awaken Mother Earth Sanctuary:

This skill (like Seraphim's) is now percent based.
    Level 1:
    JEXP required: 2517000
    Description: Learn the fundamentals of Gradia to raise MEN by 1.8%, VIT by 1.6%.

Level 2:
    JEXP required: 5034000
    Description: Learn the fundamentals of Gradia to raise MEN by 1.9%, VIT by 1.7%

Level 3:
    JEXP required: 10068000
    Description: Learn the fundamentals of Gradia to raise MEN by 2.0%, VIT by 1.8%

Level 4:
    JEXP required: 20133000
    Description: Learn the fundamentals of Gradia to raise MEN by 2.1%, VIT by 1.9%

Level 5:
    JEXP required: 46134000
    Description: Learn the fundamentals of Gradia to raise MEN by 2.2%, VIT by 2.0%

Awaken Karate Fighter:
    This is is also now percent based.
    Level 1:
    Description: Increases ATK 1.5% and MATK 1.2% when equipping knuckles.

Level 2:
    Description: Increases ATK 2.0% and MATK 1.6% when equipping knuckles.

Level 3:
    Description: Increases ATK 2.5% and MATK 2.0% when equipping knuckles.

Level 4:
    JEXP required: 20133000
    Description: Increases ATK 3.0% and MATK 2.4% when equipping knuckles.

Level 5:
    Description: Increases ATK 3.5% and MATK 2.8% when equipping knuckles.

Now on to Striker:
    AWAKE SKILL: Hiten Leap
    Description: Skill to stun the enemy in front by leaping up to the sky and nose-dive with fierce kick.

AWAKE PASSIVE: Steel Skin
    Level 1:
    Description: Decreases physical damage to yourself 0.5% with hardened skin like skin.

Level 2:
    Level required: 210
    Description: Decreases physical damage to yourself 0.5% with hardened skin like steel.

Note: I believe this is a typo as the description for level 3 jumps to 1.5%. The amount should be 1.0%.

Level 3:
    Level required: 220
    Description: Decreases physical damage to yourself 1.5% with hardened skin like steel.

Level 4:
    Level required: 230
    JEXP required: 2013300
    Description: Decreases physical damage to yourself 2.0% with hardened skin like steel.

Level 5:
    Level required: 240
    Description: Decreases physical damage to yourself 2.5% with hardened skin like steel.

MY THOUGHTS:
    I'm first going to re-harsh some old thoughts. If you already know my thoughts on the physical Acolyte classes, then you can skip the following paragraph. I'm going to try to keep it short though.

When Monk was introduced, this was the beginning of the Physical/Magical Acolyte split. People saw monk being physical and decided to go into STR. The rest said they didn't want to be physical, so they avoided the classes for the most part. I believe they are both dumb. I'm an INT based Acolyte, but I spend most of my time the physical side. Most people would be like, "But you are maximizing your damage." I didn't think it was point of the classes. If you are an INT Acolyte, you know just how bad the magic skills are at farming. The point of the classes was to give Acolytes the ability to farm without making too broken. Sure, using the physical skills without STR investment means I won't be competing with offensive classes in damage... BUT IT IS STILL FASTER TO FARM WITH THOSE SKILLS THAN THE CLUNKY MAGIC SKILLS.

THIS IS THE AWAKENED FARMING CLASS FOR ACOLYTES! If you are farming, this is the class you want to be. If you want to hurt people, this is the class you want to be. If you want deal any kind of damage as an Acolyte, THIS IS THE CLASS! It doesn't matter what your stat build is. Leg Sol (one of the parent classes) was the best farming class Acolyte has. (Don't kill me @Taibasa Tsuyou ) Leg Sol's EX does good damage and has a decently short cool down... especially after leveling it (currently at level 3... hyped). This class by itself was really good at farming. Now we add Gradia skills. Gradia is mostly a PvP class. You won't be using most of its skills... except for one. Whirlwind Kick is a decent AoE that is fast and also has a fast cool down. In the past (before awaken classes), I would combine Lotus Kick (Leg Sol), Whirlwind Kick, Whirlwind Kick RE, and Planet Blow (Leg Sol EX) to maximize AoE damage. NOW (thanks to Auto-farming), I can run Awakened Lotus Kick, THREE Whirlwind kicks (Master Skill, RE, Awakened), Hiten Leap, and Planet Blow all together on the same page while auto-farming. This is my main method leveling up.

Let's talk about the passives. Leg Sol's original passive was one of the reasons I chose to stay in the class to farm. It increases my damage and my passive healing. Now that's been improved. In addition, the Gradia passive has also been improved. Now you have more HP and SP to work with thanks to Striker housing both. This helps mitigate one of the problems with farming on this class. You still burn through SP. If you want to farm without pots, you have to invest in SP and MEN. Pots are relatively cheap, so it isn't a big problem. However, if you want to auto-farm, you have to lose a slot for it.

Gradia is a more PvP oriented class. Counter Kick actives when receiving a physical hit. It's hard to time that against mobs. Knuckle Release has different animations for how long you charge. It's a good attack, but it isn't very good for farming. It's EX does good damage, but its charge time is pretty bad (though I'm still at level 1). It's damage and range are both increased when fully charged.

Now to PvP. I talked trash about Gradia for farming, but this where it shines. Counter Kick mititgates damage and counter attacks. It is good for catching predictable opponents. Knuckle Release goes pretty far when charged. It is also decently fast. Gradia's EX is also better here. Whirlwind Kick is always good. In addition, Striker has Leg Sol's skills. Thrust Moon is a very offensive skill. It does good damage and moves you forward. You can chain it with Whirlwind Kick. Striker's passive also helps with PvP. You are a close quarters brawler. The passive helps you fight against other classes close ranged classes like Warriors, Rogues, and Creators.

In my opinion, most of Acolytes abilities are support based. If you have no one to support... then be a Striker. It is excellent at farming, and you'll be more likely to hit your opponent in PvP (granted you might deal more damage as a Seraphim... though those skills are slow.) If you are an INT based Acolyte and need to improve without other's help, this is your solution. Do not be afraid. STR Acolytes... why you would be any other class?

I'll update the thread as I level up.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. MrGlitch

MrGlitch Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    MrCid™/Cidicul
    Level:
    Not trying to pick a fight,but I do disagree on some aspects of your thoughts.

Since the recent update,heals took a massive turn for the best,even monk's passive has became reliable and we'll worth it.
    Imo,the striker tree (base-awakened) use these stats in a priority.
    1 - Dex (crit heals,dmg,SP regen now OP)
    2 - Int (for those knuckle heals outside of the leg Sol class & others heals)
    3 - Men (more SP,SP regen)
    4 - Str (crit support only by some)
    5 - Vit ( we regen health,have tons of heals)

But overall,you are right. Support DPS,it's key to being a striker. What made me want to be one was the awakened kick I saw in a vid,it looked awesome and I wanted it. The bonus being Gradias kameha wave. I also auto farm on f45 (floating islands) without any SP or HP pots due to my priority setup. I don't kill as fast as the mages,rougez of warriors by far,but I stay at 100% HP and SP my entire time farming.

3. Ace144

Ace144 New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Ace
    Level:
    Famous last words...

I'm kidding. :)
    Alright, you got me. At the time of writing this, my mind was half pre-update and post-update. Before the change, you needed either have a good INT or high DEX to make good use of Monk's passive. A blunt was at least required. I personally ran Knuckle blunt (even after RE skills) to maximize skills and recovery.

The update changed all that. In the past, I couldn't farm floor 45 with just double knuckle. Now I can. Right now, I'm trying to figure out how to distribute my stats. Currently, I have 200 in VIT, MEN, and DEX. I have 1000 INT. With the changes in healing, I don't know if I should put too much more into INT. I already heal like half of my hp with Link Heal (current hp 56395) with an un-awakened 200 Mevius 1h Rod. Awakening still affects healing. I'll leaning towards investing more into VIT, MEN, and DEX as healing seems to be in huge supply right now... well at least at 1000 INT.

Though INT > DEX. Right now, I use two knuckles when I'm a Striker. This allows me to maximize my damage while still maintaining my sustain. Right now, my passive heal sits around 1550-1600. My crit heal is 1925. I don't need to crit heal since my normal heal is so high. This is why I prefer INT > DEX. Also note that my knuckles are awakened (right hand 2; left hand 1).

I think it is a matter of personal taste. I think the Avabel devs finally got it right. The choice is, "Do you want to crit but deal less damage, or do you want do deal more damage but crit less?" Personally, I prefer consistency, so I prefer having my damage and healing excellent without needing crits.

Floor 45 is a part of Fall. Floors 40-42 are Floating Islands. Also, that's where I've been farming for the past week. I would go higher, but I don't feel like constantly switching element. (Event Defense Line enemies are water element. Enemies on floor 46-48 are earth and light.)

As I awakened my gear and leveled my skills, I found that the game isn't that bad once you start optimizing. The enemies only have so much hp. Once you start getting more damage via EX skills and awakened skills, you'll find that they drop fairly quickly (including the ones on the higher floors).

4. aleph

aleph Active Member

@Ace144 a few data points on aco builds in the context of PVE auto farming.

I have one at level (200-210) and another at 230-ish.
    Level 230-ish is currently Redeemer with all classes mastered. This character has 15* level 200 armour (DEF hat and upper, MDEF lower) and knuckle, and a 13* level 240 mace. 4 misc rings that have been equipped since around level 100 and that I should really switch out for something better.
    • STR 900
    • INT 1+65
    • Vit 1+30
    • MEN 1+55
    • DEX 500
    • + numbers are rounded to multiple of five, and come from passives including RE passives, guild, crystal case
    • over 300 stat points still unallocated
    This gives me about 19500 HP and 3600 SP. MATK is about 650-1000. Monk passive heal is good for 800-1000 noncrit heal.
    On autofarm floor 42 my HP never really drops. Part of this is due to the armour, with DEF at about 7000(900) and 4000(900). SP never drops, even with 6 monk/gradia/leg sol skills in constant spam rotation.

I've found that with a good amount of DEX, the basic acolyte passive gives more than enough SP recovery to compensate for spamming any combination of skills I can throw at it. This is in sharp contrast to my creator, ranger, and wanderer, all of whom have MEN and/or Mevius +SP rings and for whom I have to be strategic about my skill choices since I don't yet have any SP regen orbs.

My Level 200-210-ish character is currently a Striker with all classes mastered. This one has 10* level 180 mevius armour (DEF hat & upper, MDEF lower), 15* level 120 knuckles, 13* level 180 mace. (I've found that the 15* lv120 gear is pretty close to the 13* lv180 gear, and I can't buy the 180 any more due to changes to the shop or else from unlocking floors that caused the 180 to become unavailable.) 2 misc low level rings and 2 empty slots that I didn't realize were empty.
    • STR 900
    • INT 1+35
    • VIT 1+35
    • MEN 1+30
    • DEX 500
    • + values are rounded to mutiple of 5, from a less substantial crystal case than my higher level character. Not that it has poorer gear, I just haven't gotten around to filling it
    • over 150 stat points unallocated
    This gives about 21000 HP (higher because Striker vs Redeemer) and almost 2900 SP. Monk passive heal is about 750-1000 non crit. No issues with HP or SP with a similar skill build as the 230 character. DEF is about 3600(900) and MDEF is about 2000(750). You'll notice the drastic difference in armour quality, but I find that this character also has no problem surviving up to and including floor 48.

I also have a level 120 acolyte with a similar build. At earlier levels I found that it was necessary to add MEN and/or VIT for survivability before I got the mevius gear. Luckily that period was before the great stat reset of Dec 27, 2018.

Because of my play style right now, I don't really care about healing or other INT-based skills. If I get to the point where I need to restatus, and I don't have any free gems left, it's easy enough to do the weekly max boost quest plus medal of mastery to be able to afford one without needing my credit card.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  5. MrGlitch

MrGlitch Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    MrCid™/Cidicul
    Level:
    @Ace ~ You caught on quickly,I wasn't expecting anyone to catch that poor pun. XD
    I have no info on Awakening weapons at all. I have yet to get any of my gear past lv100 to attempt such. Mostly due to lack of farming over the holidays. I don't use elemental weakness for any game,personal preference since I was a child. I know it helps,but there's just far more to calculate then I want to sit down and figure out.

@aleph ~ Great builds,won't lie I didn't expect that kinda formating from you with your previous posts on survival.
    I honestly have no idea what the mastery medals are for aside from the one quest the game offers. I have a ton saved,probably over the hundreds between my 3.

This is my current build. I am reconsidering a restat but saving gems and hoarding rift stones just don't mix well. XD
    Screenshot_20190103-040358~2.png

I currently heals around 298-319 consistently with my skill setup. I don't use a full wheel due to the lack of remembering to swap them back out when I wake/return to the game.

(Don't qoute me on the names,I suck at remembering)
    Whirwind spin kick x2
    Gale RE
    Flash knuckle bombs (the full on fists)

With this setup I heal roughly around 1200-1400 HP every 8-12 seconds in combat. I tested this out on higher floors to see where I should slow down for my own guide to level at,so more testing is needed. I do however find my heals effective with just how low they are,but I am aiming for a full Hybrid to mix that DPS with my support kit that's still in development.

I envy you both,you're already strikers,if you don't mind tho,could you screen shot or write down the total points for that level when & if you restat? It would aid in developing other style builds for my guide.
    I thank you in advance for all this Intel,it's been very useful in my redevelopment for the guide and has me forming new theories to test.