1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

about Arc Light

Discussion in 'Acolyte' started by Luxx, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Luxx

Luxx BARDCORE

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    EviLuna
    Level:
    Guild:
    lostsouls
    This skill is pretty boss.
    When I mean boss, this is a boss skill.

I've used this on some small mobs, I usually hit 1-2 times.
    But bigger enemies, I hit like 4-5 times.
    Its a bit stronger than my lvl 8 holy ray..my arc light is maxed at lvl 5

Arc light first, holy ray next, and spam your laser for an awesome chain combo.
    I don't know if any AC knew this, just some tests I was doing during quests.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Innosan

Innosan OutCast

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    Ragtag~
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    I use that combo on rushes. Buty way is holy ray first then arc light and spam laser until I can use holy ray again. I do this cause my holy ray is type C for 6x hit but the cooldown is slow. So by the time I finish arc light and 1 laser I can use holy ray again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Oceanmk

Oceanmk Jumping around..

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Oceanmk
    Level:
    Guild:
    YONKOU
    Oh yes i did the same thing :)

I prefer holy ray type C (6hits) too. 4 hits of other branches is boring haha..but the branch B is pretty awesome (cooldown short ^^)

4. WOLFin Around

WOLFin Around Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    WOLF
    Level:
    Arc light is pretty useful to me. Bit you have to aim and time it since it has casting time.:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Taibasa Tsuyou

Taibasa Tsuyou Otaku Member Staff Member Moderator

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    I've almost never used Arc Light. Its damage is not accurate. Casting time takes too long, and it consumes quite a lot of SP, while using the same amount of SP with Holy Ray, you can make more damage.
    Personally I prefer Holy Ray, Shine Laser and normal attack with dual rods.
    Best in combo with Sun Light and attack mist for better crits and damage~

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Oceanmk

Oceanmk Jumping around..

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Oceanmk
    Level:
    Guild:
    YONKOU
    Yes..you are right on this. But in gdm..some lucky kills comes from Arc Light slow muti-hits..

As for floors. Certain mobs flying in the sky..shine laser and holy ray may not be enough for you.

I like the point you use normal attack lol. It's OP in floors..save some sp..and damage still decent..

7. Luxx

Luxx BARDCORE

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    EviLuna
    Level:
    Guild:
    lostsouls
    Arc Lights damage is great too. About 500-600 each hit.
    It is slow, and its hard to use..cause it has to hit just right lol

I only use it when I know for a fact I'm safe. But it never hurts to have it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Gorgoneion

Gorgoneion New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Aridel
    Level:
    I think Arc Light could be a threat to large bosses that will cover all the arc explosions and take multiple damage. It looks very pretty, has big range and aoe, and reminded me of Gandalf's "you shall not pass", and a very good bluff skill. People panic when they see me casting it from afar. Other than that, it is incredibly underwhelming - the low damage, high mana cost, and cast time is simply not worth it.

I compared the damage of my level 5 Shine Laser and lvl 5 Arc Light against low leveled mobs, and they are very similar. I was hitting around 305-370. For every Arc Light which costs 29 mana, I can cast 2 Shine Lasers for just a total of 16 mana that is 2x the damage of Arc Light.

I think that they should consider buffing this skill to actually match the requirements/cons or unlocking the level cap.

Edit*
    I tested it against a big boss. Here's a very short video showing level 5 Arc Light.

It's possible to fit in 2 arcs, but 3 or 4 would be unlikely.
    After a few more tries, I just ended up giving up on it. It's really ineffective. I'd rather use my rank 8 Holy Ray B which is faster, higher damage, less mana cost, and shorter cooldown (5 seconds). What waste for such a pretty skill.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. urdadi

urdadi Active Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    urdadi
    Level:
    Guild:
    Calamity
    Holy Ray & Shine Laser will crush Arc Light when you get them to lvl 10. I'm not saying Arc Light isn't useful, just that those 2 are the aco bread and butter. They hit harder, can hit more targets (yes, laser too if you line it up right), and cost less SP.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Leo Striker

Leo Striker Adept Rogue Gold Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    Arc Light's Requirement is too High as other Basic Class's Lv5 Skills are Lv6 Skill+ Lv5 Skill it it Good to have as a 3rd Atk Skill till you go Adv Class then you can Replace it till then it your 3rd Atk Skill.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Xaity

Xaity New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Xaity
    Guild:
    Dreamer
    Has anyone tried Arc Light with MEN build? It can be a hybrid skill like one of those of Bard or Painer. Just curious! Because when you compare with other classes it is supposed to be the strongest damaging skill of Acolytes.

• Creative Creative x 2
  12. Ace144

Ace144 New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Ace
    Level:
    Guild:
    AzureSky
    I can't say for sure, but the probability of it being a hybrid skill is incredibly low. This was way before the Wonderer class came around with its MEN builds. As far as anyone is aware of, all of Acolyte's skills are INT based. (I haven't read anything in the sub forum to suggest a change.)

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. ~Rayleigh

~Rayleigh One for the money~ Staff Member Moderator

Class:
    Rogue
    Mostly because i dont think anyone before wonderer even considered men to be a legitimate stat back then and i dont think anyone has even reconsidered to go back and look at other classes due to it being set in stone that it is. I for one never considered men to work with other class's skills outside of wonderer until reading this, though i was never a fan of arc light's cast time so i cant be really bothered with it.

14. Oceanmk

Oceanmk Jumping around..

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Oceanmk
    Level:
    Guild:
    YONKOU
    Maybe if you can get skill rings of painter that convert men to int :rolleyes: or some amazing stuff another forumer brought up using soul blader (mage) 'mind change' to convert str to int or vice versa.

• Like Like x 1
  15. urdadi

urdadi Active Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    urdadi
    Level:
    Guild:
    Calamity
    I was hopeful (great question), but unfortunately it's not Men based. I have a pair of Affection Masks and a +men buff so I tried Arc light on leaf liz at 22, 33, 44, and 54 MEN. saw no difference in damage.

• Informative Informative x 2
  16. Xaity

Xaity New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Xaity
    Guild:
    Dreamer
    Thanks Urdadi for testing! I'm still struggling to unlock ArcLight on my lvl 30 Aco without leveling up for further testing! BTW you tested it on floor Lizes, right?