1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

A Guide to Elements

Discussion in 'Avabel Game Guides' started by Joseph, Dec 11, 2013.

?

Which element do you use?

1. Light

32.8%
  2. Dark

34.7%
  3. Fire

22.6%
  4. Earth

5.1%
  5. Wind

12.4%
  6. Water

6.4%
  7. I don't use element

13.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. GJO

GJO Doesn't Hassle the Hoff

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Inactive
    Level:
    Excellent info as always @aleph. Really perceptive that you noticed that sudden change. That you took none element as a reference point deserves to be commended; that has been an oversight in almost all element tests I've read so far.

I have some suggestions if you'd like to expand upon these tests:
    • Dark element weapon: since non-interacting elements have influence on the heal strength, perhaps dark element as the opposing element will lower your heal strength?
    • Heal target element: what influence does the armor element of the player you heal have, if any? If this was tested, I'd test it on yourself and on a dummy to see if there are differences between self-heals and healing others. Possible outcomes to take into consideration, using none vs none as reference point:
      • Armor element of the heal target has no effect (which would save a lot of testing, not to mention getting to skip the rest of this post:p).
      • Higher heals when armors are Light (element matches the skill element).
      • Higher heals when armors are Dark (Dark is weak to Light, so the Light element heal skill will 'hit harder').
      • Lower heals when armors are Dark (opposite of the heal skill interferes).
    • Some possible outcomes that would be highly unlikely, involving elements other than Dark/Light:
      • Higher heals when the weapon of the healer and the armor of the heal target match (fire vs fire)
      • Higher heals when the weapon of the healer has an element that is strong against the armor element of the heal target (fire vs earth).
      • Lower heals when the weapon element of the healer has a disadvantage against the armor element of the heal target.
    Another question that comes to mind now they FINALLY made Light boost the heal skills: does the MDEF of the heal target have influence on the heal strength?

P.S. this post is way more entertaining to read if you read it as 'heels.' Of course we all want high heels.

2. $wagberg

$wagberg New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    BenSwed
    Level:
    So... that means if the Shield is Earth, then I would be protected from all 4 elements, right? If I use a shield that is

3. aleph

aleph Active Member

I haven't formally tested any of the above, but my experience leads me to believe that properties of the heal target (the patient, inasmuch as anyone in Avabel asking for heals demonstrates any patience) have no effect on heal strength. My experience:
    • Playing as a creator-type (lv 100) or acolyte-type (lv 92). Also mage/97 and ranger/92 and a handful of others level 75 and under
    • Frequently taking my characters through others healers' effect area
    • Often taking more than one of my characters through the same effect area at the same time (I play more than one device)
    • Often different mixes of armour type, element, and enhancement, or lack thereof on my characters
    • Observing the exact same heal effect for each of my characters running through another player's healer area of effect
    • Observing the exact same heal effect for each other player's character running through my healer's area of effect. (Assuming that the chance of all players having the exact gear is so small as to be a functional probability of zero.)
    As for the question about dark element weapons dampening an acolyte's light skills, I'm many weeks (or a few months) away from being in a position to test this.

4. Ace144

Ace144 New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Ace
    Level:
    Guild:
    AzureSky
    Theoretically, yes, but if you are attempting to take neutral damage from all elements, then just wear non-element gear. Why? Because you don't reduce the damage of anything. if you wear one of every element, that means you have both the strengths and weaknesses of the elements. Since the elements cancel each other out, you end up with no extra defense. (Though of course this is assuming that every piece of armor is equal. Since they are not, you still end up with some varying strengths and vulnerabilities.)

5. ~Rayleigh

~Rayleigh One for the money~ Staff Member Moderator

Class:
    Rogue
    No, please read more carefully or if you dont understand please point out the bit that confuses you.

Wearing no element gives a disadvantage all around as no element takes more damage from any of them regardless of what it is(applied to armor) and does less damage to things with elemental def/mdef (weapons). Though wearing all for does negate each of the elements in its own way, due to the def/mdef values that differ on each piece of gear, you end up with an imbalance. Thus leaving you always weaker to one and stronger to another even if the difference is minor. I really dont suggest this because of how damage is truly calculated despite it closing the gap in damage from each of the four basic elements.

I didnt read the last half of your statement till now, i just reinforced what that last bit was lol.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  6. $wagberg

$wagberg New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    BenSwed
    Level:
    Oh... whoops

7. jbcasey1994

jbcasey1994 New Member

Class:
    Undecided
    So what about using say a light bowl on a dark elemental class? (Phantom gunner) When you fight dark would it cancel out the dark on dark because you added light? Just don't want to waste 10m on bowls to figure this out.

8. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    your skill element overrides the weapon element. Think about it and let it sink in.

9. shingkz

shingkz New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    shingkz
    Level:
    Guild:
    smile
    my weap currently has light on it, but why i could not use this shining light stone 10?uhm, how can i use it, anyway?

10. Steve B

Steve B LINE ID: agent_barnes

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Stargen
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    Its a consumable item, so it does not attach to your gear. You use it like an HP/SP potion. The effects are not permanent as well.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ace144

Ace144 New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Ace
    Level:
    Guild:
    AzureSky
    Shining Stones 6-10 require your weapon for have a FIXED element. If the element of your weapon can be changed, it isn't fixed, so those Shining Stones can't be used.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. einzlal

einzlal New Member

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    jetdem
    Maybe if i use dark weapon on phantom gunner skills, the dmg will boosted ,right?

13. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    You would be correct as using skills with weapon elements of the same type and or using duel weapons with the same elements increase the elemental rank of said element in question by 1 if they match. If they dont then no increase or decrease happens just that the default element prioritizes over weapon element and if no skill element then weapon element will be the dom element by default

14. shingkz

shingkz New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    shingkz
    Level:
    Guild:
    smile
    ty :D, so how do i fix the light on my weap?

15. Ace144

Ace144 New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Ace
    Level:
    Guild:
    AzureSky
    As far as I'm aware of, you can not. Weapons with fixed elements come fixed with their element.

16. LuredMaul

LuredMaul New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Lured
    Level:
    Astra is considered fixed ele type

17. shingkz

shingkz New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    shingkz
    Level:
    Guild:
    smile

oh thats sad, hmm well should i sell this shining stone of mine, then?

18. Ace144

Ace144 New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Ace
    Level:
    Guild:
    AzureSky
    Selling it in the stall would probably yield the best profit. People are always looking for these stones.