1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

A Guide to Elements

Discussion in 'Avabel Game Guides' started by Joseph, Dec 11, 2013.

?

Which element do you use?

1. Light

32.9%
  2. Dark

34.8%
  3. Fire

22.5%
  4. Earth

5.1%
  5. Wind

12.3%
  6. Water

6.3%
  7. I don't use element

13.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ClassX

ClassX New Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    YuckFou
    Level:
    Ready to participate in doing the test(s) about new element update.
    I got a couple of those shining stones 2, 3 and I don't mind spending if it takes though. =)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ace144

Ace144 New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Ace
    Level:
    Guild:
    AzureSky
    @~Rayleigh , @Leo Striker , @Oceanmk , @aleph , @Xiansai , @Lifer , @ClassX
    Question: Has their always been an item called the Wind Calling Armor BOX that dropped from dungeons?

I got one. It looks like it can't be opened unless to create the an item known as Gale Armor BOX 1.

It requires 1x Shining Keys, 10x Shining Crystal, a wind bowl (mostly likely because this is a wind box), and the box itself.

The description of Gale Armor BOX 1 is as follows:

"Box wrapped in gale.
    Use this item to acquire the Wind element-fixed 1 Star armor.
    Acquired items will be transferred to Storage when Bag cap or Weight is full.

*This item cannot be exhibited to the stall or traded."
    I don't know if I'm late to the party, but I don't remember reading something like this here. I thought it might be attached to the update.

3. ~Rayleigh

~Rayleigh One for the money~ Staff Member Moderator

Class:
    Rogue
  4. Ace144

Ace144 New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Ace
    Level:
    Guild:
    AzureSky
    I'm not quite sure if I got what I was supposed to read.

Anyway, my question is, "What is the difference between fixed elemental gear and normal gear with elements added to it?" My next couple of question is, "What determines a skill's elemental level? What determines a weapon's elemental value? Is it equal to the Shining Stone in place? (That doesn't seem like it. It just states the Shining Stones can increase the damage. It doesn't state that it increases level.) Could it be equal to the weapon's rarity?"

EDIT (technically I didn't finish typing yet, but I don't want to erase my thoughts): At the bottom of my elemental gear, it says type wind 1. I also decided to get smart and actually read the help book. (I wonder how many people know this exists.) I could have everyone who walks read it for themselves, but I'll go ahead and typing it up for convenience.

"Element Level: Raising attack element level with [will] deal more damage, and raising defense element level will decrease suffered damage.
    Element level can be raised temporarily by skill or designated items."

I wonder what skills can do this. (Looks at Enchanter in hopes of a buff... is slightly disappointed) I don't know of any skills that do this. Anyway, it looks like I was wrong about the Shining Stones. They DO temporarily increase element level. The amount depends on number at the end of the stone. (2= level 2, 3=level 3, etc.) Side note: You can now visible see what the Shining Stone in effect if you look at the weapon in your bag or equipment screen. You can also see a time limit if you check the weapon details. It also shows the updated type level next to the time limit. (BTW, I went to floor 16 to try some of my damage. I destroyed the water enemies. I didn't notice higher damage on the non-elemental mobs. [Then again, I didn't test my base damage without the Shining Stone. I guess I'll edit it after it wears off.] So the element level is just equal to elemental damage. I think I test should be run on resisted elements. Would increasing element damage against a resisted element increase or decrease the attackers damage?)

EDIT (within an edit? Edit-ception?): I did notice a very slight decrease against non-elemental enemies after the Shining Stone 3 wore off. Maybe it does increase base damage. Needs confirmation.

I don't see any indication of skill element level. (Then again, I'm a creator with only two elemental skills. Planter has a couple of elements attached, but I think Mages and other classes might be better at looking and testing.)

Now that I have this. I'm going to open up my box. There might be a way to have permanent element level increase.

EDIT (Hey it's another one before I finish typing. If you haven't guessed, I'm playing while typing this.): I unlocked the BOX and got a 1 Star level 60 upper armor. I decided to evolve it from 1 Star to 2 Star to see if the Wind Type would change. It is still at one. I decided to evolve it to 3 star. It's still at one. I guess the only way raise its level is as mentioned above. I still don't see the appeal to these types of armors and weapons. Why use these when you the normal ones can have their elements adjusted for the situation?

Well, I rambled on. I guess I somewhat contributed. I'll tag the other moderator too. @Taibasa Tsuyou I think Mages might be the best suited to testing "skill element levels." I wonder what they meant that certain skills can raise the level. (Maybe some Passives were adjusted? Were they referring to active skills?) I probably missed some pieces along the way. Welcome to the randomness known as my mind...

EDIT: I now know what value fixed armors. The Shining Stones 6+ only work with the fixed gear. I guess this gives them some more worth, but I still think it isn't worth it. (Then again, I can see the difference when using a Shining Stone 3 on my weapon. Maybe the boost from 10 is real strong. I already got rid of my fixed-elemental armor since I had no use for it. I hope I get a weapon to play around with in the future.)

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. aleph

aleph Active Member

My usual policy when there's a significant update with new and/or revised features is to wait one or two weeks before testing out the new features. These releases are usually buggy, with at least one server maintenance reboot per day for a few days in a row. Today's news and maintenance bears this out. The reboot is likely for a few critical server-side bug fixes before the weekend, with another reboot on Monday.

News 2016-12-02 from http://avabelonline.com/information/detail/?information_id=2273:
    This tells me that something in the update to broke the old Elements system. Very likely it requires an app update to fix. Apple has a lock period on app store changes between around Christmas and New Year's (2016-12-25 through 2017-01-01 for those of you outside of Euro-American world). They may also have decided to restore the old system due to player complaints, likely from Asia where the game is much more popular than the English-speaking world.

In terms of timing, Avabel's developers don't have a good track record on fixes like this: if they've had to remove a feature because of bugs, it's usually a hard problem to solve. I don't have high hopes for a quick fix since we're looking at maybe a week of internal development/testing, then getting it through the app store review process (sometimes as much as 1-2 weeks though Apple has gotten better in recent months), and then re-fixing/resubmitting if there are any problems. Three weeks to fix and release before Christmas is optimistic. As such, I'm going to wait until the new year to do my testing if I have time.

Edited 2016-12-19: It looks like they've reimplemented the element bonuses. See my post below: http://avabelforums.com/threads/a-guide-to-elements.397/page-24#post-65637

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Ace144

Ace144 New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Ace
    Level:
    Guild:
    AzureSky
    Aww, I put so much effort into that. I didn't see that message when I was typing it up. I wonder how much of it was in place by the time I finished. I hope they update it further than what was shown. Right now, I see it as a slight nerf to the original system.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Xiansai

Xiansai Information Host

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    XI
    Level:
    I love how i'm being tagged still even when I have stopped playing a long time ago.

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. ClassX

ClassX New Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    YuckFou
    Level:
    there was a compensation reward for the element bug... I just dont know if the bugs were already fixed or they still need to do more fixing to make things work smoothly..

9. aleph

aleph Active Member

I'm pretty sure the notice went up after you made your post. Even so, I personally like to see people's thought process so I don't think it was a wasted effort.

10. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    Tai posted that and something else to another thread then moved it, i read your question as if you thought you saw something with that information else where and couldnt find it. Though judging by your reply seems i miss read your post instead. Mah bad

It would increase the attacker's damage from what it was before from the previous elemental lv. Or at least thats what happen before the update, It doesnt sound like this wasnt altered much.

11. Taibasa Tsuyou

Taibasa Tsuyou Otaku Member Staff Member Moderator

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    Ohh, due some issues, Avabel decided to re-implement the feature:
    " -If the elements of used Skill and Weapon match, a bonus effect is applied and the dealt damage increase. " (practically: second line of the Red/Before change in the earlier quote).

The schedule isn't decided yet, but they'll make an announcement about it at a later date.

12. aleph

aleph Active Member

Apropos of the conversation upthread, it looks like they've fixed the element bonus issues. According to 2016-12-19 news, the maintenance scheduled for 2016-12-20 will include the following:
    Source: http://avabelonline.com/information/detail/?information_id=2310

13. Taibasa Tsuyou

Taibasa Tsuyou Otaku Member Staff Member Moderator

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    To follow this part up:
    http://avabelonline.com/information/detail/?information_id=2312

• Like Like x 1
  14. Leo Striker

Leo Striker Adept Rogue Gold Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    Good Job guys...Been busy playing Christmas presents and things.

15. aleph

aleph Active Member

Most recent results from testing elements regarding heals:
    • Acolyte's Link Heal is a light element skill
    • Single wielding light element improves Acolyte's Link Heal vs. no or other element by 8.7%
    • Dual wielding light element in each hand (identical weapons) improves Acolyte Link Heal vs no or other element by 17.1%
    • Dual wielding light element in either hand with no or other element in other hand has the same effect on Link Heal as single wielding light element
    • Creator's Potion Mist is a water element skill
    • Single wielding water element improves Creator's Potion Mist vs no or other element by 8.7%
    • Dual wielding water element in one hand and no element in other hand has same effect on Potion Mist as single wielding water element
    Test parameters:
    • Percentage increases are based on the critical heal, not the regular one. I'm too lazy to record and analyze the data set for the range of non-crit heals
    • There are some slight approximations on the creator, as the +3 Status Bonus activated during my testing
    • Acolyte tests were with a MATK of 568-587; crit link heals 4598 (light single wield), 4588 (light plus other element), 4231 (fire or wind only), 4955 (light, dual wield)
    • Creator tests were with MATK of 465-391 (fire=808, water=879); MATK of 467-393 (no element = 812); MAK of 472-395 (dual wield water/no element=888)
    I have more theories about elements these two classes but didn't test any of the following (and if I do test am unlikely to do it thoroughly or post here; see above about laziness):
    • Acolyte advanced class heals (priest heal bubble and heal/attack, monk passive, angelus heal skills, any other heals from the two non-gem gangue classes)
    • Dual wielding water elements on the Creator
    • Creator advanced class heals (i.e. the Planter heal skill)
    • Implications for light (acolyte) or water (creator) attack skills

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ace144

Ace144 New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Ace
    Level:
    Guild:
    AzureSky
    I don't think light elements will affect the monk passive due to the passive being based off of a stat directly, and it doesn't seem to have any extra modifiers.

The Planter heal is earth element. Water won't really do much.

I think Acolytes have a connection to light. They are considered to be holy (like another class we know to use light elements).

On the other hand, Creators don't really have a set element. Creator only has two skills directly related to water elements (technically three, but Kernal Shot randomly changes elements every time). Creator has two fire skills (Fire bottle [What's that?] and Chemical Burn [from Alchemist]). Creator has three skills that earth to my knowledge. (There is a possibility that Crafter has an earth attack [looks intensely at Swindle Seed]. I'll be unlocking that after finish Enchanter off.) They are all in Planter (Thorn Trap, Heal Plant, and Tree Bomb). The rest of its skills are none. (Enchanter also breaks this because it encourages the use for any of the four elements.)

17. Domocubed

Domocubed Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Domo
    Level:
    Does this mean that if I equip double blunt with light element on both my paladin damage especially my hidden will increase by a lot? If this is true, the only thing that will not be increasing is the gold in my wallet lol.

18. aleph

aleph Active Member

Despite my self-declared laziness, I did some further tests on my acolyte. Tested with single and dual blunts (2 each of light, fire, wind; I don't have non-element versions; MATK 370-322), all combinations of single wield and dual wield. Based on critical rather than standard heals or hits:
    • Monk' passive heals:
      • dual wield heals more than single wield (276 vs 265)
      • the light element boosts the heal the same amount as the other elements
      • Conclusion: @Ace144's belief is proven to be correct; monk passive heal doesn't get any bonus from light element
    • Acolyte's holy ray (light-based attack):
      • single wield fire or wind: 713
      • dual wield fire or wind or one of each, either hand: 709 (i.e. very slightly lower than single wield)
      • single wield light: 775
      • dual wield light and [fire or wind]: 771 (i.e. very slightly lower than single wield light)
      • dual wield light: 832
      • Conclusion: light has a significant positive effect on light-based acolyte type attacks, and dual wielding increases this effect

• Like Like x 2
  19. $wagberg

$wagberg New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    BenSwed
    Level:
    Using the bit on the other four elements, what if you make one piece of armor Fire, another piece water, and then a third piece wind?

20. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    This was explained somewhere in the middle of this thread. Using the elements you gave. If the head was fire, the upper was water, and the lowers wind. The helm gives say 50, the upper gives 100, and the lower gives 75. Keeping it simple.

~dont have my notes on hand and if needed can look up or you can look it up. But the % modifers on strong or weak countering elements used in this example will be simple for those who may not grasp it as well... I hate repeating my self often. Those elements that beat out thier counterpart will gain a 200% multiplayer. The elements that lose to the other element gets a 50% multiplayer and everything but no element gains no bonus or decrease.

The values that are given by the helm will affect anything that interacts with fire element wither its good bad or nature. So it will block 100 def worth of damage against earth based attacks and 25 def worth against water based attacks.

The upper being water and 100 def will yield 200 against fire, 50 against wind.

The lower being wind with 75 def will yield 150 against water and 37 (rounding down) against earth.

Now that we have the parameters and what not. If you are hit with...another easy number of 1000 (again this is a bloody example and is not how the def/mdef (def/mdef) actuality works however the path that elemental damage/def is calculated is as shown).

1. You are hit with earth 1000 damage :Subtract 100 (helm), 100 (upper), and 37 (lowers)... and you receive 763 damage
    2. you are hit with water 1000 damage :Subtract 25 (helm), 200 (upper), and 150 (lowers)... and you receive 625 damage
    3. you are hit with fire 1000 damage: Subtract 50 (helm), 200 (upper), 75 (lowers)... and you receive 675 damage
    4. you are hit with wind 1000 damage: Subtract 50 (helm), 50 (upper), 75 (lowers) and you receive 825 damage.

Now with all this in mind if you had a shield and all your def vaules were the same and you also placed one of each of the basic four elements on each peice, you would end up with no elemental note worthy advantage or disadvantage against anything, including light and dark. Thats pretty much it, this isnt my neatest example but i have been bouncing between this and writing code for college.