1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

A Guide to Elements

Discussion in 'Avabel Game Guides' started by Joseph, Dec 11, 2013.

?

Which element do you use?

1. Light

32.9%
  2. Dark

34.8%
  3. Fire

22.5%
  4. Earth

5.1%
  5. Wind

12.3%
  6. Water

6.3%
  7. I don't use element

13.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. GJO

GJO Doesn't Hassle the Hoff

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Inactive
    Level:
    @Leo Striker and I were planning to test it some time ago, but I got busy IRL and we never got to actually executing our plans. It would be massive work (and there are lots of mistakes that we could make) and it would require lots of materials to test all possible combinations.

So I can't give you percentages. What I do know is that the weapon in the first weapon slot is more dominant than the second weapon slot. To clarify:

1. I dual wield weapons that have no element, and I attack a non-elemental target. Advantage: none
    2. I dual wield weapons of which only the second weapon slot has an element, and I attack a non-elemental target. Advantage: slight
    3. I dual wield weapons of which only the first weapon slot has an element, and I attack a non-elemental target. Advantage: medium
    4. I dual wield weapons that both have an element, and I attack a non-elemental target. Advantage: great
    I know this doesn't answer your exact question, but I hope it is somewhat helpful :)

2. GJO

GJO Doesn't Hassle the Hoff

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Inactive
    Level:
    @marcocococo could you link me to the raw data that makes you say elements are more complicated? And also to the test results that show that skill element is retained when the weapon gets a different element? I think I should edit my newbie guide.

3. dgo1987

dgo1987 Active Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Diablos
    Level:

I tell you my real doubt i have 2 lvl70 6* dagger one with water element and one with wind element but i want to improve my matl damage a little butnfornmy soul blader. Im thinking use dagger and 1h rod but i will lose 68pts of atk and gain 37 of matk. So i was thinking if i change to dagger+1h rod and use 2 wind bowls i will not lose to much damage on my lighting smash skill abd will gain a boost in my other magician skills.

4. dgo1987

dgo1987 Active Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Diablos
    Level:
    Hi i put light element to my upper, dark element to my lower, and wind element to my head. My question is this... I want to get less damage from wind an thunder element, my wind bowl does decrease those elementos by a little? Or only earth element protect from it? I would use earth but i dont want to be weak to fire element xD

5. ~Rayleigh

~Rayleigh One for the money~ Staff Member Moderator

Class:
    Rogue
    You will have a minor restance to wind if you use wind bowl armor.

6. dgo1987

dgo1987 Active Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Diablos
    Level:
    So wpuld be better to change to hearth?

7. Leo Striker

Leo Striker Adept Rogue Gold Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    better-yes.

• Like Like x 1
  8. curse2themax

curse2themax New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Medic
    Level:
    Guild:
    ENKI
    In addition, id like to make sure people who so happen to read this page know you do get quite a damage mod by using two weapons with same element. Tested with a 60 5 star knuckle and 4 star mace. 4 FL. Floor damage fire elem knuckle against the strongest lotus was 490 whereas both mace and knuckle with a fire element floor was 518. Likewise, knuckle floor damage against a water based paurar on the same FL was like 220, and with mace was like150.
    Moderately unimportant text: as most know, no elemental knuckle and mace decreases damage will lower Attack which makes me prone to switch the mace on and off. But this way, its more beneficial to equip both always. I just threw on wind bowls to resist water. And patiently wait for Leg Soldiers electric moon thrust kick to cooldown.

Edit:the numbers above are from the regular novice skill auto attack or whatever

9. Uiriamu Busujima

Uiriamu Busujima New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Uiriamu
    Level:
    • Do not swear.
    this, I'll just be getting a light element on one dagger and a dark on the other and all fire on the armor, cuz it that's why.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 29, 2016
  10. Samorai

Samorai New Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Samorai
    Level:
    What's the better element for any weapon? Dark or light

11. curse2themax

curse2themax New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Medic
    Level:
    Guild:
    ENKI
    some people like being told what to do. eventually youll get to floor 10+ so youll need light for that. and the small boost it gives to everything else. youll almost never encounter a light enemy unless like event or really in the game. pick light. dark for pvp against paladins

12. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    Why? Just becuase they have light on thier weapons most the time as pally doesnt mean they will have light armor.

13. dsyff

dsyff New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    But when you dual wield, only the damage of your right hand weapon is counted right? (I did not notice any change in damage equiping a weapon in my left hand) If that's the case then you could have a collection of cheap weapons of different elements for your left hand and keep your best weapon non-elemental, and equip in your right hand.

14. BoyMaso

BoyMaso Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    ~SoWi~
    Level:
    Guild:
    UnitedPH
    Hi,
    Just wondering what element works best for floors 19 onwards? I have wind daggers for Floors 16 - 18 but will almost finish Floor 18's quest to unlock FL19. Just want to be prepared in case my Wind Daggers won't work on higher floors.
    Thanks!

15. Kiyoshi 40

Kiyoshi 40 New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Kiyoshi
    Level:
    Guild:
    Tower
    On 19 starts the earth monsters,u can always take a quick pick and plan things :)

16. ARTG

ARTG Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    ARTGX
    Level:
    Guild:
    Arkangel
    from recent events we are getting to many shining stone. those are all 6+.

i tried to use them in gears like 2 or 3 lvl shining stones. but that didn't work. anyone have any information about them?

they are now in my bag or in storage. can't go full farming with them.

17. Kairyu

Kairyu New Member

Shining stones 6-10 are for Astra weapons/armor only I believe.

18. Taibasa Tsuyou

Taibasa Tsuyou Otaku Member Staff Member Moderator

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    Sad news.. -Added colors-
    Tagging especially the recent notable actives @~Rayleigh , @Leo Striker , @Oceanmk , @aleph , @Xiansai , @Ace144 , @Lifer , @ClassX .
    *Might have missed a few Forumers..

• Informative Informative x 2
  19. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    @Taibasa Tsuyou , awesome that yea posted this cause i wouldnt of known about it because of my inactivity due to college and work.

I am going to assume they now have a method to make new ranked perma effect elemental weapons, I wouldnt mind someone letting me know about this at one point

Question is how is it reflected, One wind weapon element mixed with a earth elemental skill does? one wind element mixed with a water elemental skill does?

Sounds like by defult that base weapon elements are a lower tier to skill elements, also sounds like more extensive testing will be done to fine the lv or (going on out a limb) the elements star rating of all elemental skills. I dont see this being done due to the poor international server community effort as a whole to for strives for such research. Again it sounds like they have or will be implementing a way to permanently increase weapon elemental effects aside from those new degradable gear items in the gem shop.

20. Ace144

Ace144 New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Ace
    Level:
    Guild:
    AzureSky
    I wouldn't mind helping anyway I could, but at the moment, I am unable to download the update. It is telling me that it takes up too much space. I currently have 3.1 GB remaining. It might be awhile before I can assist.

EDIT: I got the game updated and everything seems fine. (Why is my SD card a problem every time an update comes around?)

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016