1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

A Guide to Elements

Discussion in 'Avabel Game Guides' started by Joseph, Dec 11, 2013.

?

Which element do you use?

1. Light

32.9%
  2. Dark

34.8%
  3. Fire

22.5%
  4. Earth

5.1%
  5. Wind

12.3%
  6. Water

6.3%
  7. I don't use element

13.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Joseph

Joseph Line ID: get_murked Gold Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Murked
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    This thread contains both facts and people's theories about elements. Some theories are already proven via accurate tests, some are not. We (moderators) are not liable for the mistakes you'll have on your elements. Talk to us in PM if you have questions.
    -Marcococo/Win/Pansit

Ok people have been PMing me about the elements so I'm going to make a little guide on them.

First off you got 4 basic elements with 2 unique elements they are fire wind water and earth and the special ones are light and dark elements.
    in order from weakest to strongest it goes as follows:
    The system: Weak > Strong
    Fire>Earth
    Earth>Wind
    Wind>Water
    Water>Fire

Clarification - Based on Japanese Avabel Wiki (once translated) thanks to @Julie Ava and @Reonen Zeruel for bringing it up.

Fire beats Earth
    Earth beats Wind
    Wind beats Water
    Water beats Fire

How you obtain these elements is by going to the item dungeon NPC and selecting element dungeon there are 3 different ones but all are fairly easy depending on your lvl i would recommend lvl 40-50 to solo up to the 1st one unless you are in a good party 50-60 for the stage 2 and 60-70 for the third ( I'm lvl 80 gl and still sometimes leave with half to a fourth of my hp gone out of 7k) and of course offline dungeon gives the best drops and for me it seems that only the stage 2 dungeon will drop light and dark fragments but I will discuss those in a minute. It takes 20 fragments of that element and a none bowl to make a element bowl (to get a none bowl you need 15 none fragments also obtained from element dung (I have also heard you can get one from a boss but I don't think that is true so I wouldn't try it unless you wanna prove me wrong ^^)).

Various monsters have certain elemental attributes to them and having the element that is strong against it will offer more damage in the new update coming out it is indicated that the monsters will have their element next to their name. This goes for the defense as well though monster attack you with a element that is weak against your element type then it will do less damage. I think this goes without saying but if the monster you are fighting is strong against the element that you have then you will receive greater damage to you.

So now that the monsters are out the way lets talk about pvp, to make all this short apply what I said above and boom same thing only problem is like not knowing the monsters element you don't know their element so hope you get the luck of the draw there. By now your wondering all this and I still don't know about light and dark fragments well here we go. From what I can tell these are the two best elements 1 because they are hard to get and 2 because they don't apply to the other elements only light and dark.

*Light VS Dark will increase each other’s damage, and same elements each will decrease more damage.

Now some of you are like what does that mean I was right there with you lol but basically it means the strong will survive meaning they give additional damage to all the elements by a small percentage but the most is from light v dark. So in other words light v light or dark v dark = less damage, light v dark = additional damage, light or dark v any other element= small additional damage. Basically light and dark elements are mainly for pvp.

Another thing to mention is when you put a element in a weapon or armor you can not evolve it anymore except by removing the element with a none bowl and then you will have to make a whole new element bowl so don't waste your light or dark bowl on for instance a 1* weapon pr armor cause that's a waste so I will say this again once you use a none bowl on a element so you can evolve it you will NOT get your element bowl back and you will have to remake a new one.

I hope this guide helped and PM me if anyone needs a guide made on something I will see if I can do it... Don't forget to like if you found it helpful (side note if you are a guest or a robot join the forums there's plenty of things you can learn here and sign up is super easy takes like 5 minutes or less).

EDIT:Well turns out the attacks with elements in they name do have an effect on that type of monster eg. I used flame burst on water mob with non-element and earth elements around and the damage done to it was less than the damage to the others.
    EDIT2: If you have a element in a weapon and the attack has its own elemental effect the attacks effect cancels out the effect on your weapon.
    EDIT3: Now you can evolve and keep your element in your weapon.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2015
    • Like Like x 11
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. holyshmaw

holyshmaw Member

Class:
    Undecided
    so what might happen when youre dual-wielding? light elm on right and dark elem on left? and you attack a dark elm monster?

• Like Like x 2
  3. bomackin

bomackin Custom Title Here

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    bomackn
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    Awesome guide! Tho I would differ on one point... I am a level 44 rogue at this time and I have been soloing the 3d,60-70 dungeon since I was level 40. it drops much faster than the 2nd dungeon and makes the pots needed to beat it worth it. As you said the light and dark only drop from the second one so in a way that wouldn't be a bad one to run at all. REALLY want to advise people to follow your tip on offline dungeons, they drop much better. It usually takes about 3 runs in the 3d dungeon to make a none bowl,the dungeon usually drops about 4-6 none frags, and about 5-7 of each of the fire, earth, and water frags. The second dungeon drops about 3ish none frags and about 3-5 of each fire, earth, and water, and usually at least one(two if your lucky tho I've seen up to five drop) of Light and dark. The first dungeon I would say is a waist of time, the drops are so small it takes almost 15 runs to make a bowl, focus on leveling to about 25-30ish then grab some pots and give the second one a go.

I've been using the none bowls to sell in the stall as the way I make most of my gold, I've run it at least 50 times in the past three weeks and have seen how things go on average with the drop rates.(on a side note here if you are wanting a bowl,send me a PM and I can farm one for you,see my thread in the market section for more info) Time wise at level 40, the 3d dungeon takes about 7-9 mins to beat the second one roughly 4-6.
    As to the effectiveness of bowls when used, I haven't used any myself, so no experience here XD

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Joseph

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Murked
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    I reckon you'd do 1/2 the damage added to the bonus theoretically but that's all stipulation right now lol.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Julie Ava

Julie Ava Active Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Ava
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murking
    So Joseph, if I'm reading this right...Earth is strong against Fire, but weak against Wind...right?
    I'm little confused :sorry:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Joseph

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Murked
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    Fire is weak against earth but strong against water
    Earh is stronger than fire but weak aginst wind

• Like Like x 1
  7. Joseph

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Murked
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    I see a lot of people viewing this thread I made... Yall need to throw up a like cause yall know its useful lol.

• Like Like x 4
  8. marcocococo

marcocococo IGN: WiN / Pansit

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Pansit / WiN
    Level:
    Guild:
    DeadlySin
    Thanks. This cleared everything about light and dark elements.

Isnt it earth is weak against fire but strong against wind?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. cennie

cennie pocky-eating prodigy

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    yiff
    Level:
    Guild:
    OddSquad
    I think of pokemon when it comes to elements :woot:
    Earth is stronger than air but weak against fire. Air is stronger against water.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Joseph

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Murked
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    no look at the list i got weak > strong

11. raphy

raphy Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    Is there any effect for the ff:
    1. Any element vs. neutral
    2. Any element vs. not their str or weakness? (example earth vs water)
    Thanks!

12. raphy

raphy Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    And sorry I'm a bit confused. Please correct me if my understanding is wrong

Attacker(player) Enemy
    1. Fire element wep is strong vs. Earth property
    2. Water elem wep is strong vs. Fire property
    3. Earth element wep is strong vs. Wind property
    4. Wind element wep is strong vs. Water property

Also, is it true that light and dark is stronger against the basic elements?

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  13. marcocococo

marcocococo IGN: WiN / Pansit

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Pansit / WiN
    Level:
    Guild:
    DeadlySin
    Yep dark and light are strong against other elements including non elements, but will have no effect against the same element. Dark vs dark wont give any damage bonus.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Reonen Zeruel

Reonen Zeruel The Revenger

In Game Name:
    Allocer and Hak
    Level:
    Guild:
    AbandoneD
    Sir Joseph, I believe you are wrong. Sir, from what I experienced in 18th floor against Hidro (water element mob) I do 200-300+ damage only since I use Fire element. However, when I fought 19th floor monsters (mainly Earth), my damage increased, it became 400-700. I assume that you already know that as the floors goes up, the lvl of monsters also increased, therefore, their overall stats also increases.

15. 87fresh

87fresh New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    87fresh
    Level:
    Yea, how you listed the basic elements is correct.
    Light and dark increase attack against all basic elements but they're not as strong as a basic element attacking the element that is weak against it. Light and dark my not be as strong but they're more universal, you will get a slight increase in attack against every element as opposed to a greater increase against only one element and a decrease against another.
    @raphy #1 yes, slight increase #2 no, same damage

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Old Old x 1
  16. Joseph

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Murked
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    I pulled that I pulled that information straight from the avabel site so I guess if it is wrong then the devs listed the wrong information.

17. Joseph

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Murked
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Reonen Zeruel

In Game Name:
    Allocer and Hak
    Level:
    Guild:
    AbandoneD
    I see. Well. Sir, I believe that you read information and how NPCs speaks in game, yes? Don't you find their English strange and their lack of grammars? I believe that you may already know that the developers of Avabel are Japanese - no offense, only a few Japanese can speak perfect English, since I have a Japanese friend who went to Australia and stayed for a year, his English was great, but not perfect. With that said, his English was more fluent than the ones you see and read in game. Hence, in my conclusion that the information you copied from the Official Avabel website are full of Google Translate. This also applies to the information in game. Therefore, the information was translated word by word.

What's your name?
    Anata no namae desu ka? If translated word by word. It will translate as: You of name? But of course, we translate as: What's your name?

Do you see what I mean now, Sir Joseph?

• Like Like x 2
  19. Joseph

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Murked
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    I
    I dont see how that would have anything to do with the showing of the elements and them having them show whats strong or weak agains which element but were getting off topic that is the information that was posted I go by it and I dont have a problem out of it but if for whatever reason they did screw the post up I will change it.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Reonen Zeruel

In Game Name:
    Allocer and Hak
    Level:
    Guild:
    AbandoneD
    Hello, Sir. I just checked the link you've provided. And yeah, I do find the guide weird. It is not what I experienced in game. It is very, very inaccurate.

• Disagree Disagree x 1