1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

(2019) Old threads & posts management

Discussion in 'AvabelForums.com News & Announcements' started by Taibasa Tsuyou, Feb 9, 2019.

?

[closing threads from 2016 or 2017 and older?] / [pinned threads on Class section; what to do?]

1. 2016 and older

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. 2017 and older

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. 2018 and older

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. unpin all except base Rev and sma

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  5. unpin all of Rev and sma

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. keep all of Rev and sma

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Taibasa Tsuyou

Taibasa Tsuyou 「Supporting 京アニ!」 Staff Member Moderator

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    Hi all! The sole and lonely moderator of the Forum here! x'D (well...for the most part I'm just a normal member with a little bit of power who only acts like a mod on a few intervals)

Well.. To start things off (I'm just going to type what I've been thinking all this time, so things might not be chronically explained in this post despite wanting to organize things :oops:). As everyone already knows, Avabel has been around for quite some years by now as well as our Forum! That also means that there's a lot of changes ever since it was just started. I think it's now really time to do some clean-up, but I can't do that alone. :sorry:
    That's why I want you all to help with decisions as well as for new ideas I couldn't come up with.

There are several kinds of threads at this moment:
    • Threads that are old & outdated and thus false/incorrect/not usable (deletable).
    • Threads that are old but still true/correct/usable (partly deletable).
    • Threads that are "new" but outdated already (partly deletable).
    • Threads that are brand-new and up-to-date (keep).
    • Else(?)
    We also need to narrow down which section(s) of the Forum we'll be covering all this. However this doesn't mean the other parts of the Forum needs to be "cleaned out" in a way... Like there are for example also some Q/As in New Member/introduction section that needs a review.
    The priority are mostly in:

What I have in plan now, is closing all threads that are from either 2016 or 2017 and older first (some are exceptions for now, e.g. class threads, pinned threads). Then I need help with skimming through a few threads to see if there are still usable information available and take a note of those (as in the info, by which member, kindly with url to the thread/post added when taking notes; just in case). In the end I want to put those info in one thread for still updated info of older content on the Forum.

When we're almost or already done with that. I actually want to organize those info in dedicated threads for in Guides section.
    Of course there's also the option of having a completely new thread made that'll replace an already existing thread.

Regarding threads that need to be completely deleted, I don't want to delete them right away, but instead maybe want to make a temporary thread with a poll and a linking url, asking whether people want it to be completely deleted or not. I will do that in this announcement section of the Forum by then. After the deletion of the corresponding thread, I'll also delete the temp-poll-thread too.

Next topic is what I want as opinion/preferences. The Class section. It's the most chaotic part in my eyes at this moment, given the fact Vash 99.9999% of the time is gone from earth, and only appears without doing anything again when he suddenly shows up (sorry for bad-talking Vash... ^^")
    As you all know both Revenger and Summoner don't have their own section, since only Vash can make new section for us. Despite that, I also have my classes list which is, to me, much more organized, so I need opinion on whether I should unpin or keep the pins on the respective classes. Or just keep the base class Rev and sma threads pinned while unpinning the advanced classes? (I find that there's too many pinned threads in the class sections to be honest xD).

... I'm burned out now. But I'm sure I've missed some points I didn't mention, so if you noticed something I couldn't come up with at this moment, please leave in the comments! <( _ _)> ^o^)7 <(Thanks for the opinion and help all!)

Additional points by comments:
    Code:

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  2. Taibasa Tsuyou

Taibasa Tsuyou 「Supporting 京アニ!」 Staff Member Moderator

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    <p>placeholder</p> just in case.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019