1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

2 HAND ROD vs 1 HAND ROD+SHIELD

Discussion in 'Acolyte' started by JetJet, Feb 26, 2015.

1. JetJet

JetJet Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Scylla
    Level:
    Guild:
    Tsukuyomi
    Hello guys! So I have been seeing more Int acolytes usually high levels using One hand rod+shield these days. I asked one of them and said, one hand rod heals don't have much difference on heals compared to 2 hand ones. Another thing is, they would like to sacrifice an amount of heal for additional def coming from shields.

All I want to know is, about how much heal would I lose if I switch from 2 hand rod to one hand+shield? (E.g. 6* level 80 2 hand rod to 7* level 80/90 one hand rod+Shield

Is it really worth it to switch them?
    What do you guys prefer?

Sorry but I am not one of the rich people to switch and try them. :( . Thanks for any reply. Please respect post ^^

2. marcocococo

marcocococo IGN: WiN / Pansit

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Pansit / WiN
    Level:
    Guild:
    DeadlySin
    I believe @Jerre 's wife and @Brook tried using 1h rod+shield.
    Guys come share your findings :D

3. Oyster Guestz

Oyster Guestz New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    ZEEMO✅
    Level:
    i tired a lvl60 lost speller and i find that two hand rod will be the best for me but i see some of those crazy lvl99 uses one hand rod plus shield and they can still hit really hard or may be they were just using for entertainment :p

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Oyster Guestz

Oyster Guestz New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    ZEEMO✅
    Level:
    but if u are not rich (like me) just use two hand rod is the safest u can use the rest of the status in vit for defense (and actually u have long range att ) and i think that acolytes didn't need any quick movement like Ro class. In conclusion , i think two hand rod is the best .;)

5. ~Rayleigh

~Rayleigh One for the money~ Staff Member Moderator

Class:
    Rogue

~wacks~ nothen is the "best" in this game...and im to tired to explain why so ill let the other regulars who know me explain why.

@Leo Striker @marcocococo @Oceanmk

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. JetJet

JetJet Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Scylla
    Level:
    Guild:
    Tsukuyomi
    As of now, I am using a two hand rod but when I saw those people using one hand+shield, it made me curious. I even spectated a gvg fight where that person carrying one hand rod is in. He is only level 80-85 and he was able to fight top guilds and players. Although some people hit him hard, I think he is still better getting all hits from 90+ players. I mean better defense than me using two hand rod. He also heals a bit better than me using my 2 had rod. :( . So the shield is a big bonus for him.

I was not only referring to pve, also in pvp. As many people do a lot more damage in pvp even if your level is high enough. Even if we are long ranged class, we still do die in pvp. :( . That is why shield even came across my mind.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  7. JetJet

JetJet Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Scylla
    Level:
    Guild:
    Tsukuyomi
    I even watched a video of a party doing a 50dp aqualord advent dungeon and their healer uses one hand+shield. Thanks anyway for asking someone else. :) ^^

8. marcocococo

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Pansit / WiN
    Level:
    Guild:
    DeadlySin
    It's up to your preference.
    Both have pros and cons. 1h+shield boosts your def but your heal will go down. As a support, 1 thing you need to have is the highest possible heal you can do for you to be a good support. And people normally rank priests depending on their max heals.
    Those people who use shield prefer def over OP heals (maybe they're battle acolytes), so like ray said, there's no such thing as best :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Leo Striker

Leo Striker Adept Rogue Gold Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    Your Heals just need to be High Enough to be Consider Good Heals in which for Ex: Heals should be Higher than HP L Potion's HP Recovery if Heal more than 1,000HP then your Fine.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. JetJet

JetJet Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Scylla
    Level:
    Guild:
    Tsukuyomi
    Oh okay. I think I want to be a battle priest with at least the amount of heal I can give now, or a bit higher. Maybe it would be possible if I can invest for high level one hand rod with at least 7*. Thanks sir! :) .

11. UnoDos

UnoDos New Member

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    YaoiGod
    Level:
    Guild:
    GayHomoPerv
    For low lv grinding, 2h rod is better since mob doesn't do much dmg. For higher floors quest/grinding or even gdm/pvp/tw, 1h rod + shield seems to be the trend. There are still some high lv priest using 2h rod to pursue the ultimate heal, it all comes down to personal preferences. If you have good armor and skilled at dodging, then you don't need a shield. If you have crappy armor, then the shield can balance your overall stats at the cost of losing some heal power.

Nothing is "the best" till you find the "best" in what you have.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. JetJet

JetJet Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Scylla
    Level:
    Guild:
    Tsukuyomi
    Yah maybe I should try it myself first. I saw a level 80 one hand rod 7* at stall that has 260-318 matk while my 6* level 80 two hand rod has 298-342 matk. I am just wondering how much heal and damage would I lose. XD

Or maybe I'll just buy at least level 90 7* one hand rod...

All in all, I think I know what I want now. :) . Thanks!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. marcocococo

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Pansit / WiN
    Level:
    Guild:
    DeadlySin
    I forgot that you have a forum account lol. I should have just tagged you earlier.
    Listen to UnoDos guys, he's the game's best battle priest. That's where "best" can be applied lmfao.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Oyster Guestz

Oyster Guestz New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    ZEEMO✅
    Level:
    this is just my opinion that I THINK two hand rod is the best lol. but NOT saying two hand rod is the best.

15. Brook

Brook Active Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Brook1
    Level:
    sorry im not using 1h rod + shield atm i cant sacrifice my heal for the def. jerre's wife can explain more hehehe...
    though im planning to switch but i want 9s or 10s 1h rod + shield and put some orb.

16. JetJet

JetJet Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Scylla
    Level:
    Guild:
    Tsukuyomi
    May I ask if 1hand rod+ shield is great for people that lack armor(e.g. for me who has just 6* armors :( ). My problem with high heals, low def is that I can't survive pvp that is why even though for example I have high heal, it just can't fill up my 0 hp.
    :( . I can see people using 1 hand rod+shield that heals 2400-2600 uncharged, non-crit heals. I just want to attain that at least. I think average of 2500 uncharged, non-crit heal is enough for me and for my guild mates and party members to keep myself and allies from dying in gvg and advent dungeons respectively. So the shield is a big bonus.

My question is, how do you think can I make this possible? Do I need to have 9*-10* 1hand rod just like what you want(though I can't afford this in reality f the price in my mind is correct) or 7* level 90 1 hand rod is somehow reasonable in making this possible? I'm currently looking for 7* level 90 1 hand rod. I hope that would be enough :( . Thanks for reply

17. Brook

Brook Active Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Brook1
    Level:
    what's your build btw? when i try 6* 1h rod i feel im using only is 5s rod then i remember someone says to me if i used shield 1 star less on my weap so i decided to stick on 2h rod bec. i want a full support doin gdm and tower im not pvp person but i like base def armor and i'm using linker skill gave me additional 900hp still not enough, i haven't try to spar an aco using 1h plus shield.

i guess they using better rod i mean the star plus orb.

wats your armor lvl and is it def or mdef base? do you hve vit rings?

i guess using 9s 1h plus shield can gve u that and put some orbs even to ur armors :)

ill ask jerre's wife shes using 1h rod + shield and shes lvl 100 ;)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. JetJet

JetJet Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Scylla
    Level:
    Guild:
    Tsukuyomi
    My build right now is Int>Vit>Dex. To be precise, I have about 130+28 int, 30 vit and a bit dex. I have one +10 int ring, no vit rings.

I only have 6* breast upper armor and a 6* Gildu lower armor(level 85 armor that is kind of balanced but has about 20 higher def).

I fought a 1 hand rod+shield in a gvg fight same as my level(she's about level 87). She damages an average of 1000 non-crit shine laser to people in the same arena with me and has about 2400-2500 uncharged, non-crit heal to herself. I don't know if she has human type weapon.

I have asked high level priests in-game and seek for any advice to switch or not. If I am going to be asked, I would like to do switch to 1 hand + shield. :) .

According to you,
    6* 1 hand rod=5* 2 hand rod.
    I hope 7* 1 hand rod will not be the same as the one that I am currently using. :bag:.

Having 8* 1 hand rod would be a dream for me I think. Do you have an idea for the price? If no, it is fine, I need to check it from other thread. :) .
    Can you please suggest particular ORBs that may increase my heal or damage?

I hope "Jerre's wife" would find her time to help me out. Thanks by the way for the efforts. ^_^:D

19. Brook

Brook Active Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Brook1
    Level:

if you saw a aco using that even in pvp try to ask them even their build, u have to be pure int 150 for you to gain a nice heal then buy 1 vit ring or 2 vit rings, my build is 150 int 40 dex and 13 vit and i hve 2 vit rings not enough the hp but can help i hvnt died so fast hehehe and the price of 8s 1h rod is cheaper than 8s 2h rod and if u cant find try to evolved by evo liquid.

i guess you hve to upgrade your armor 6s, try to ask marcooo aka pansit for armors, mine is gigas i like def armor base.

• Like Like x 1
  20. JetJet

JetJet Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Scylla
    Level:
    Guild:
    Tsukuyomi
    Oh okay. I will. :) I need to buy a vit ring in case.

Using evo liquid is guaranteed but I just can't affort it. XD I guess I just have to wait for a 7* 1 hand rod in stall. And farm more gold in case I see a lvl 90 8* 1 hand rod that is not overpriced. Thanks ^^ . I will ask them if I get a chance to meet them ^^