1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

1H Rod for Mage

Discussion in 'Magician' started by Steve B, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Chronicler

Chronicler New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Ma™
    Level:
    Guild:
    magicians
    There is a different in the adv classes as well, and not just Ls. The very first time I noticed the difference in the Rods is when I was a El awhile back. I noticed that Tetra Lazer performance is 2x faster with a 1H Rod then it is with a Rod, you would have close to 3 seconds to run from its trail. I thought I was just imagining it at first, but then I began to notice it more often.

2. ~Rayleigh

~Rayleigh One for the money~ Staff Member Moderator

Class:
    Rogue
    2 times the speed in anything for mmos is kinda op and almost game breaking in somecases. I doubt it was 100% faster, i would be more inclinded to believe it to be 10-40% more efficient in terms of speed on all aspects.

However and whatever the effect is, I will look into it in a few weeks. Gots lots to do for testing x.x

3. Chronicler

Chronicler New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Ma™
    Level:
    Guild:
    magicians
    Lol! Well maybe not 2x, but I'm positive it was faster then usual.

4. Luxx

Luxx BARDCORE

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    EviLuna
    Level:
    Guild:
    lostsouls
    Confirmed.
    I use 1h rod only, I did the tetra laser and the skill shoots the beam faster than rod.
    Idk if fast spell effects it, but with buff and without, 1h rod did shoot the laser faster.
    I'm lvl 59 EL/LS.

5. Luxx

Luxx BARDCORE

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    EviLuna
    Level:
    Guild:
    lostsouls
    fast spell maxed at lvl 5.
    I first noticed when I was doing rush 1.
    I was thinking to myself "wait a minute..the laser shot when it wasn't suppose to yet" lol

6. Rybuck

Rybuck New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    RIPsoul
    So how bout dagger? Dagger and 1h rod,which is faster?

7. Luxx

Luxx BARDCORE

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    EviLuna
    Level:
    Guild:
    lostsouls
    [QUOTE="Rybuck, post: 42311, member]So how bout dagger? Dagger and 1h rod,which is faster?[/QUOTE]
    Dagger for sure, just less damage. Wouldnt hurt for MA to use dagger at all.

8. Taibasa Tsuyou

Taibasa Tsuyou Otaku Member Staff Member Moderator

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    Personally I prefer holding a dual 1 Handed Rod.
    I´ve made my own playstyle by using a lot of normal Attacks especially when I´m out of Sp. It´s much faster than a 2 Handed Rod and increases your chance on fast dodging.
    The spell castings are same, and I think that 2 Handed Rods are indeed by far better, if you want the full extent of Power.
    Both my Rods are leveled equally, so I don´t have any problems with the Power.

It´s just what you prefer after testing both 2 Handed rods and 1 Handed rods, but when people ask me what weapons is better, I´d say 2 Handed rods (actually already recommended this a few times when asked).

9. Leo Striker

Leo Striker Adept Rogue Gold Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    2h Rod Negates the Use of Soul Blader's Skills except for Mind Change but then Still
    1h Rod Is better than 2h Rod cause it can Dual Wield With Dagger allowing you to use Soul Blader Skills.
    Dagger for Faster CoolDown and having Wand in Left hand increase your Matk it a Moderate Weapon Style.