1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

/❕\ 2018 Guide? /❕\

Discussion in 'Avabel General Discussions' started by TheRockSays, Dec 24, 2018.

1. TheRockSays

TheRockSays New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    TheRockSays
    Level:
    Hello. I am new to the game.
    I was looking at the Guide section and it seems outdated. The beginners guides talk about things like trading which were apparent 2 years ago. Most of the info is still great, but I am still confused on a number of things. Does anybody have an up to date general guide?
    Now, if I may, I have a few questions:
    What does the Crysta Case do? I saw the description, but how long does it take for an arm to be released after you increase stat with orbs?
    I am baffled by the element case. Could someone tell me the basics?
    If I have a rift 260 stone, should I save it until I can buy the best weapon for my class in the shop?
    Are any of the weapons and armor useful outside of those in the shop? Do I sell every piece of armor and weapon I find? How can I tell whether it will be more powerful than an item in the shop? I have a 9* axe but I can’t imagine myself using it. Do I simply sell?
    Is the best way to farm simply to farm orbs and precious items overnight?
    What is the best way to farm xp?
    How do I earn zenith clash tickets for zenith chamber? Is it only daily quest?
    What are some of the most important items in the game and why?
    What is event coin used for?
    How do I get better weapons before level 120 without rift stones?
    Do dark and light really do more damage to all other elements?
    What will be happening to status on the 27th?
    Thank you so much.

2. aleph

aleph Active Member

Welcome. I'll try to answer a few. Keep in mind that I'm a free-to-play player and that I only do PVE. I don't do any PVP or other guild battle type stuff.
    At its most basic level, it's extra storage. But it can also be used to boost your stats. Putting equipment into it is called "crystallizing". My experience with it is limited to standard and rune weapons. You get rune weapons from various places. Free-to-play players can get them by opening "Big Rune Box" and "Middle Rune Box". The stats that are in yellow in the rune item description (can be + to any of the five stats, HP, SP, DEF, MDEF, ATK, MATK) are added to those of your character's stats. So if you crystallize an item that is +2 STR, +100 HP, +3 DEF, you'll get those stats added to your character. The basic attributes of the equipment are not transferred.
    I don't use this very much. Similar to crystal case, but with Astra arms. Rather than boosting stats, it boosts resistance to (and maybe attack against) enemies with different elements. You get a percentage bonus based on the element of the equipment piece and the star level.
    You can use it to equip any item up to level 260. I would say probably.
    I haven't farmed on the super high floors of the main tower or in the special equipment dungeons, so take my advice with a grain of salt. Look at the base stats of any piece of equipment and then compare it to the base stats of the shop equipment. Rune equipment can be good for certain things up to certain points. Ditto Astra equipment. Mevius is generally the standard from level 120 onward.
    With the recent changes to game and drop mechanics, this is still open to question. Since I have a few dedicated devices, I have my own party on perpetual afk farming. They generally have huge bag weight, and fill up a max weight capacity bag (20000) with the "broken" equipment drops in about two hours. This is worth about 5 million gold without any guild peddler bonuses. Orb drops happen reasonably frequently and are worth 500k without peddler bonuses.
    I think you can buy these with event coins as well.
    How long is a piece of string? :D Hard to answer, since it depends on your goals.
    Go to the event coin exchanger in the event map. You'll get a menu of things to buy.
    I find that the basic adventurer equips are pretty decent if you don't want to get rift stones and don't want to spend all your money enhancing equips and upgrading every 10 levels. They all have identical ATK and MATK so you can just choose based on weapon restrictions of your skills.
    Edited to add that you might also want to consider weapon speed if your skills are not weapon restricted. For example, daggers are faster than 1h rods which are faster than 2h rods. As such, daggers are the fastest mage weapon. Since the ATK and MATK range of all these weapons is identical, the daggers are the highest dps.
    I tested this a long time ago (a few years) and haven't tested it since. Someone else can try to answer.
    Not sure
    You're welcome. :)

Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  3. MrGlitch

MrGlitch Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    MrCid™/Cidicul
    Level:
    To aid in Alephs lack of info.

No,light and darkness do not deal more damage against every other elemental type. This falls under 2 separate categories for defences,elemental and creature type.
    They do counter each other (light and dark),from my testing,but remain a neutral/common damage rate against uncertain monster types.(the one who have no types fall on later floors).

Save your rift stones. If you can rush to level 105,you can get some level 200+ gear before the event ends the 27th. Yeah that's a short period,but stack 2 of the 300% ring from the regular arms npc at base (100k each) and you should do fine up to lvl 101.
    The adventurer arms Will's last you until level 110,with some struggle on defence you can manage quite well as long as you don't AFK on higher floors.
    Floor 11+ is where you will see the beginning of that damage jump.

If you need any more reference info,I have more under my Striker to be guide. It's under the acolyte sub page,Sol Monk,Gradia the Striker.
    It holds some useful information that I need to spread around as well,but some of the data there is in a rework due to the new core system release.

• Like Like x 2
  4. aleph

aleph Active Member

More farming tips:
    • Choose a floor where you don't have to worry about dying. Things that help with "not dying":
      • HP regen faster than damage taken.
      • Strong armour
      • A heal in your skill slot
      • Passive heals
      • Auto recover potions. These can be bought for real money gems but not free gems.
    • Choose a floor where you don't have to worry about running out of SP. Things to help with "not running out of SP":
      • SP regen faster than or equal to the rate of use
      • Efficient skills. Some skill combos and skill branches have high dps but drain your SP quickly. A set of skills which allows perpetual use without draining SP on one floor might be inefficient on another floor.
      • Only using auto-attack. I only consider this as a last resort as it's usually much slower than using skills.
      • Auto recover potions. These can be bought for real money gems but not free gems.
    • Avoid floors with:
      • Mobs that have poison effects. This will kill your HP and SP regen.
      • Bosses that take a long time to kill. Your farming throughput will go down significantly every time you have to kill one.
      • Bosses that spawn in multiple instances on a floor.
    • HP and SP regen
      • These are based on your total HP or total SP. The higher the total, the more you regen per tick.
      • Some classes have regen mechanics:
        • Mage base class passive skill Absoul gives SP regen triggered by taking damage and is affected by dex, so I give my mages some vit to tank hits, and dex to trigger the passive and give me a higher chance of critical hits
        • Acolyte base class passive skill Repose Mind gives SP regen that is dependent on dex. The monk subclass passive heal is dependent on MATK. I find that a monk with reasonable dex and a bit of men, armed with a blunt weapon can spam skills and not worry about dying or running out of SP. The not worrying about dying part can be improved if you are your active class is monk when you've already Mastered monk to gain the passive RE skill. The passive heal essentially has twice the chance of activating, and using a blunt makes the magnitude meaningful without totally destroying your dps. Also a mastered class gets to use the weapon-restricted (knuckle-only) skills with any weapon.
        • I find that I have to give my ranger, creator and wanderer a fair bit of men to keep up with SP regen
        • If survivability with creator or wanderer (bard) is an issue, you can add their respective heal skills into the mix, but then it's advisable to equip a weapon with some MATK in at least one hand. For ATK damage builds your dps will drop, and it'll also suffer a bit from the loss of one damage-dealing skill and the pause in attacking while you cast the heal.
        • At least one of the revenger classes has a heal similar to the monk passive. I'm a noob on my revenger.
        • Warrior (which I haven't played) has HP regen that gains from dex.
        • I don't know anything about rogues or summoner either.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. aleph

aleph Active Member

Drop farming:
    • ORBs dropped by mobs take one bag slot but stack up to 99 and have 0 (zero) weight.
      • If you don't have any of the orbs for the floor you're farming, then fill your bag (nearly) completely (by weight) but leave enough slots so that if an orb drops it has somewhere to go.
      • Example from tonight: after about 35k kills on f10 I received 14 or so orbs, which is worth 7-8.5 million gold. Note that this with a full party of level 103-105 characters using only the adventurer gear, with a guild "advanced venture" status. So, reduced drop rate due to being over levelled, +5% initial login bonus for 1h, and constant +20% (full party bonus) and +12% (advanced venture). Edited to add that the kill rate for this party is about 12k per hour so these results are from 3h of farming.
    • Weird copper coin, shining crystal (3), shining key (5), recycle box, dark magic book, rusty black box. Weight for each is 1 unless noted in parentheses. For the below strategies, you'll need to "seed" your bag with one of each of the listed items that you plan to farm
      • Go to whichever floor you plan to afk farm on, and make sure you get a full stack (99) of each of what I call the "small collectibles": the floor drops, zone drops, and generic drops. Depending on your bag weight capacity, this might require multiple trips to empty the "broken" equipment while you accumulate stacks. On f10 this is:
        • floor drops: Colorful Wing, Spongy Skin, Imp's Horn
        • zone drops: Moonshroom, Memory of Bright Moss
        • generic drops: Red Nut, Blue Nut, Magical Powder, Clear Bottle, Iron Ore
      • Once you have all the small collectibles
        • empty your bag of all the "broken" items
        • fill your bag slots with lightweight stuff, preferably items that don't stack or that don't drop from floors. Avatars, monster ORBs, Rune or Astra boxes, etc. If you're using stackable items, only take one of each
      • Bonus points if you've also seeded your bag with an ORB for each mob of the floor you're farming
    • The point here is to engineer your bag so that the things you want to drop do drop, and the stuff that interferes with your item farming stays out of your bag and doesn't interfere.

• Like Like x 2
  6. TheRockSays

TheRockSays New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    TheRockSays
    Level:
    Goodness. I wasn’t expecting this much. Really awesome guys.
    I am using Rogue. It is powerful but has no SP regeneration or heal regeneration skills. There are a few things I want to clarify and ask:
    Does the RE passive double tack on for any skill? For instance, I have a double dagger damage increase passive on assassin. If I use assassin class and the RE passive equivalent, will I have even more increased damage from having the skill twice? Or is that something specific to monk?
    I have a second device I could use. What is the best class for farming? If this is debateable, what are the best classes for farming and what should their stats look like?
    As a follow up, how does the party system work? What share does each person get from exp and jexp? Could I have my rogue sit in the dungeon while my other account farms for it? I think I may have to do this because, at least as far as I have seen, rogue does not have any regen skills. It is unfortunate that potions can’t be auto clicked when health is at 50%.

7. TheRockSays

TheRockSays New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    TheRockSays
    Level:
    Walk me through how I would get that lvl 200+ gear? I am lvl 104. Much appreciated

8. aleph

aleph Active Member

Unfortunately I don't know much about rogues. Double-stacking passives seems to work for other classes. I think @SILVERMOON confirmed that the vampire's skill double stacks. I don't see why it wouldn't also apply to rogue skills but the Avabel developers aren't always consistent.
    Edited to confirm that the vampire skill double stacks.
    For farming on floors, I'd suggest Acolyte or Magician. If you like the rogue class you might also want to look at revengers, but I can't help there.
    • Acolyte with a monk/melee rather than healing focus. My lower level acolyte is level 105 at the moment with the adventurers gear (blunt weapon), no crystal case items or accessories. 11 str, 18 int, 23 bit, 211 men, 400 dex. This kind of build is also decent as a self-healing damage dealer for floor quests, especially once it gets mevius arms. My build is different than the guide posted by @MrGlitch since mine is based on skill attacks rather than the standard attack. His guide is well worth reading, though keep in mind that he wrote it before the developers revamped the stat point system. (Edited to remove character name and usual farming location.)
    • Magician with mastered lost speller for double blizzard and double quick spell casting passive and massive area damage. I have two of these in my lower level farming party. 11 str, 11 int, 111 vit, 101 men, 400 dex.
    • Both of these builds have about 300 unallocated stat points. Note there was a major update last week where the stat point system was dramatically changed, so build advice is a work in progress.
    • Edited to add that levels, builds and equipment are as at the date of this post and are based on my purely PVE play style. I have no idea whether these are any good for PVP.
    The mobs on f10 are weak enough against the standard adventurer gear set that damage is around 1 point per hit, and even my base class summoner with 13k HP is endlessly survivable. (Advanced classes get way higher HP and SP than the basic classes. Edited to add: I recommend getting an advanced class as soon as possible. I'm stuck with the basic summoner because I don't know where to get some of the required materials.)
    Even split between all characters. If you have a full party of 6 all on the same floor in the same channel, each party member gets +20% to exp, jexp, and drop rates. If two members of a party each contributed approximately 30% damage to a kill, then the total exp for the kill doubles. I think it improves even further if 3 members of the party each participate in the kill but I haven't tested thoroughly and don't intend to.
    Yes. Doing this in a party with others is leeching and is very much frowned upon. Doing it in a party with only your own characters on your own devices is probably ok. If you're on a floor that has lots of aggressive mobs very close to the entrance and you don't want your leecher character die, simply tap on a quest manager NPC and don't exit the "conversation." You'll accrue exp, drops, kill points, etc. for the duration.
    If your HP is high enough and armour strong enough, then you don't need to worry so much about regen. My high level mage seemed to be ok on floor 22 with 10-star level 180 mevius and about 25-30k HP. For passive farming, just find a lower level floor.
    There is a type that works exactly like that but you have to use paid gems (i.e. real money) to buy them from the in-game shop.

• Like Like x 2
  9. MrGlitch

MrGlitch Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    MrCid™/Cidicul
    Level:
    It's a event right now. Starting at 105 you get an achievement that allows you to spin 10 times u der the event tab in the shop(one per account). It gives you armor & weapons at random,but worth the try anyhow.

As for your SP regen issue. MEN has a direct impact on SP regen,much like VIT has a direct impact on how regen. However the two have vastly different rates,mostly because of how much HP and SP rates are added. I find my SP regen on my older warrior before the 19th was still great for afking. At level 100 is had 50 men and could troop on for 2 hours before I need to turn auto off.

Dang aleph,you're on top of it with the info as of late. That's some awesome stuff!!

10. aleph

aleph Active Member

I made a bunch of edits after @Taibasa Tsuyou pinned this, since it's likely to get a bit more traffic as a pinned post. They're in bold.

• Like Like x 2
  11. TheRockSays

TheRockSays New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    TheRockSays
    Level:
    Thanks!
    Unfortunately, I don’t see the event tab you’re talking about. Where exactly is it? I don’t see an event tab in the game shop. Am I supposed to go to a certain person? Or the event area?
    EDIT:
    Never mind. I see I need the ticket. I think I accepted the achievement when both my storage and bag were full, or the ticket was refreshed and taken away. We’ll see if I can get to 110 in time.

12. MrGlitch

MrGlitch Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    MrCid™/Cidicul
    Level:
    Yeah,you probably missed the deadline. I forgot to mention it loses the count if the daily resets,sorry about that I was half awake.
    If you send a report in,you can still get the items for the spin since they are suppose to still go to your storage even if you don't spin it. I could have done it for my 105 and 110,but I was more focused on the grind. 110 isn't to bad,by 105 you can farm f9-11 for weird copper coins to sell & possible orbs. 9mil can grant you a lv180 weapon to rift. If you save up some more you can get the cap of the rift stones while living up the bit you can. The max boost cost will get you if you can't get to the 100k daily to sell the boss orbs. They sell for 10m each without any buffs.

13. TheRockSays

TheRockSays New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    TheRockSays
    Level:
    Send a. Report? How would I do this?

14. TheRockSays

TheRockSays New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    TheRockSays
    Level:
    Since you guys are being so helpful, I hope you can help me with some more things I find confusing.
    Which tickets are useful and which tickets are garbage? If I were to quantify useful, it would mean: can aid in exp growth, can help earn gold, can help get hard/sharp crystals, can help get important items in general such as weird copper coin and event coins?
    What are the different uses of weird copper coins?
    What are all the uses of sharp and hard crystals?
    Is Zenith the best way to farm efficiency up potions? How do I earn Zenith tickets quickly? I can’t finish the dungeon on my own. Do I find a stronger party?
    What dungeons give you the rarest items?
    What dungeons give the most expensive (gold) items?

15. TheRockSays

TheRockSays New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    TheRockSays
    Level:
    I think I may just save until I get to 600 million. I don’t want to waste this 260 rift stone. The grind for 120 May be long, but I think my rift is much more valuable than a 180 weapon.

16. MrGlitch

MrGlitch Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    MrCid™/Cidicul
    Level:
    It is.
    Save your free gems up,buy more rift stones. Lowest is 200 now outside of event.